Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to add first line from another file in aix Post 302172479 by selvarhce on Monday 3rd of March 2008 11:23:06 PM
Old 03-04-2008
PHP script to add first line from another file in aix

Hi All,

I want to add a header from one file to another file which is around 2GB in size currently i am using cat to do it. It took more time to process. Is there any way to do it? Please help me ..

Thanks in Advance

Selva S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add a single line to middle of text file.

I've got a configuration file that is filled with xml text statements for example: <...../> <...../> <...../> <data id="java-options" value="-server -Djava.security.policy..../> <...../> <...../> <...../> I want to write a korn shell script that will go to this specific line and add a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to add a line into a file

hi all need a perl script to add a line into a file thanks with anticipation (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to read a line in gps receiver log file and append that line to new file

Hi, I have gps receiver log..its giving readings .like below Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. GPSD,R=1 $GPGSV,3,1,11,08,16,328,40,11,36,127,00,28,33,283,39,20,11,165,00*71... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gudivada213
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk script to add a prefix to each line in file

Hello , I have file with below content : '165567885', '165568443', '165568805', I need an awk script that would add a prefix zero after first ' . Like '0165567885', '0165568443', '0165568805', Please help. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new parameters into a line, and redirect the line to other file

How can i add new parameters into a line, and redirect the line to other file? For example: 1.sh name:owner google:richard youtube:student I want a, for example 2.sh with: name:owner:description google:richard:search site youtube:student:video site In the 2.sh, I added a new column:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafazz
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto add line as a first line into a non empty file

Hi Trying to do like this : echo "$variable1\n $(cat file.txt)" but it only adds one time. When I run this cmd again with different variable it only replaces line of variable1. How to add constantly line into first line in file ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to take file line count in AIX

HI All, I am trying to take file line count in UNIX and AIX Unix command to take file line count-- working fine count=`wc -l /apps/hgford/sorted/E.testing.DLY|cut -f1 -d " "` 1355Same command when run in aix --having issue count=`wc -l /apps/hgford/sorted/E.testing.DLY|cut -f1 -d " "`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to loop line in a file and add info or do echo

I have a record.txt it will update weekly, and it could be 2 lines or more ... it just echo each line to the script san jose,23.34% tampa,2.15% dallas,30.20% seattle,44.29% Unknown,16.72% How do i write a shell script to give me a test.pl or bash file which contain #!/home/perl... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line in a file using perl script?

Hi all, I want to search for a line in a file using perl script and add a line above that line.Can any one suggest me command or code to that using script. Thanks BHarath (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathece
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace and add line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi, I want to achieve something similar to what described in another post: The difference is I want to add the line if the pattern is not found. File 1: A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
11 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD