Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Finding a specific UID on a site with hundreads of users. Post 302172342 by vbe on Monday 3rd of March 2008 12:17:10 PM
Old 03-03-2008
e.g:
vbe@ xoo3: /home/vbe# cut -d: -f3 /etc/passwd|grep 50253

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Site/Info for Linux Users

Check out this site. This will be helpful for all. Link removed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jadebellant
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Can we create multiple users with same UID?

* Can we create multiple users with same UID? * Can we give root permissions to normal user like admin.s ? If YES give me full details (syntax of sudo/RBAC) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
14 Replies

3. Ubuntu

how to mount specific drive for specific users in ubuntu 11.04?

hi friends ... could u tell me how to mount specific drive (ntfs or fat 32) for specific users in ubuntu 11.04 ? ie ,if there is a user called staff (a desktop user ) ,then he should able to use staff drive only ? thanks in advance ...:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapali255
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to diff between 2 users with uid 0?

Hello, I created a new user "rootNew" After creation I manually change the file /etc/passwd and gave the new user "rootNew" uid 0. Now I have 2 users with uid 0 (root,rootNew) how can I know which user is log in the system? "whoami" command return "root" for both users. Thanks, Uri No... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urip
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How to diff between 2 users with uid 0?

Hello, I created a new user "rootNew" After creation I manually change the file /etc/passwd and gave the new user "rootNew" uid 0. Now I have 2 users with uid 0 (root,rootNew) how can I know which user is log in the system? "whoami" command return "root" for both users. Thanks, Uri (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: urip
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find users with root UID or GID or root home

I need to list users in /etc/passwd with root's GID or UID or /root as home directory If we have these entries in /etc/passwd root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash rootgooduser1:x:100:100::/home/gooduser1:/bin/bash baduser1:x:0:300::/home/baduser1:/bin/bash... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
6 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display info about users (UID GID processes terminal)

I would like to get an opinion for my solution for this task and get feedback about better approach or mistakes I have made. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script which prints information about users whose names are specified in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornfan
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.

Hello All, Greetings!! Have a thought about how could we encourage more users to post and participate more on UNIX.com(because more we get questions, more we learn more), few are my ideas which I am posting feel free to add/edit more ideas in here. Keeping this as a POLL too. I- Allow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
10 Replies
RESTOREALLDIR(3)					       MBK LOGICAL FUNCTIONS						  RESTOREALLDIR(3)

NAME
restorealldir - restore all instances' connectors directions ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mlo.h" int restorealldir(ptfig) lofig_list *ptfig; PARAMETER
ptfig Pointer to a lofig_list DESCRIPTION
The restorealldir function restores the directions of all the connectors of the instances. Each instance model logical view is loaded, and the restoredirvbe function applied. If a model doesn't have a vbe file on the path, the restorealldir and guessextdir functions are used on the model. It is the charge of the user to delete the models loaded in memory for the function purpose. RETURN VALUE
restorealldir returns 1 on success, 0 if there is an error while reading the vbe file. ERROR
restorealldir cannot give any errors, but the function use restoredirvbe that can give errors reading vbe files. see restoredirvbe for details. EXAMPLE
#include "mut.h" #include "mlo.h" lofig_list * getgoodlofig(figname, mode) char *figname; char mode; { lofig_list *ptfig; ptfig = getlofig(figname, mode); restorealldir(ptfig); return ptfig; } SEE ALSO
mbk(1), lofig(3), locon(3), getlofig(3), restoredirvbe(3). guessextdir(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 RESTOREALLDIR(3)