Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Multiple Perl installations on HP-UX Post 302172241 by Macer on Monday 3rd of March 2008 04:28:35 AM
Old 03-03-2008
Thanks Runrig... I'll give this a try (although it probably won't be this week!) and let you know how I get on. Much appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Network Installations of Solaris

First off, I'm pretty new to Solaris, although I know Windows very well. I have a mixed Wintel, Linux and SPARC/Solaris environment and am looknig for a way to make short work of installing Solaris. I know there is a network booting option and there are the WebStart (configurable) and JumpStart... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeekerC
1 Replies

2. Linux

external dvdrw installations

Hello all, Please can someone assist? I am attempting to install an external dvdrw on fedora 6. I attach the dvdrw device to the USB port and run dmesg: scsi2 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices usb-storage: device found at 4 usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command to detect installations

Hi I'm wondering how I can find all the files which were installed on certain date? For example: I'm looking for alle the files which were installed on the 11.09.06 on the system. Does somebody know how to do this? Thanks Reto (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldenglobe
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Packages installations on my servor

Hello everybody, I'd like to install several important packages on my servor like for instance, man pages package.. I found a .tar.gz package of man pages. So, after to do "gtar zxvf name_of_file.tar.gz" I can access on the folder "name_of_file" (by cd name_of_file). Then, I read on my readme... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MasterapocA
4 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Configuring firefox for mass installations

We have been looking into the possibility of configuring firefox upon installation for a common desktop environment for all users. For instance we want the font to be sans-serif 12 points throughout (preferences menu item), a standard set of plugins to be installed (add ons menu item) and some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

6. AIX

Automated Patch Installations in AIX

Hi Guys, I'm looking out to make automation of AIX patch installation and Report Generation... ANy suggestions or idea's welcome (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
8 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Remove lately made installations in Cygwin

I have installed lots of packets to try emacs with X11 in Cygwin. How can I restore to the point before that installation, without have to search, select and remove every single package on my own? Is there a function to remove lately installations easily? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Menedas
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Isolated installations on a network location

Hi, I'm looking to have certain packages installed on a location on my network(lets call this mount point /software) in such a way that they can run needing anything from the local system. So that when any of my users does /software/bin/vlc or /software/bin/open-office or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhgupta2u
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding all Oracle SW installations on a host

Hi. I'm trying to find the best way to locate the latest version of Oracle on a Linux host. There could be multiple SW installs or there could be none. It could be a client or a full RDBMS installation. I need to find and set the environment in order to run the sqlplus binary. Rather than just... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
14 Replies
Task::Weaken(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Task::Weaken(3)

NAME
Task::Weaken - Ensure that a platform has weaken support DESCRIPTION
One recurring problem in modules that use Scalar::Util's "weaken" function is that it is not present in the pure-perl variant. While this isn't necesarily always a problem in a straight CPAN-based Perl environment, some operating system distributions only include the pure-Perl versions, don't include the XS version, and so weaken is then "missing" from the platform, despite passing a dependency on Scalar::Util successfully. Most notably this is RedHat Linux at time of writing, but other come and go and do the same thing, hence "recurring problem". The normal solution is to manually write tests in each distribution to ensure that "weaken" is available. This restores the functionality testing to a dependency you do once in your Makefile.PL, rather than something you have to write extra tests for each time you write a module. It should also help make the package auto-generators for the various operating systems play more nicely, because it introduces a dependency that they have to have a proper weaken in order to work. How this Task works Part of the problem seems to stem from the fact that some distributions continue to include modules even if they fail some of their tests. To get around that for this module, it will do a few dirty tricks. If Scalar::Util is not available at all, it will issue a normal dependency on the module. However, if Scalar::Util is relatively new ( it is >= 1.19 ) and the module does not have weaken, the install will bail out altogether with a long error encouraging the user to seek support from their vendor (this problem happens most often in vendor-packaged Perl versions). This distribution also contains tests to ensure that weaken is available using more normal methods. So if your module uses "weaken", you can just add the following to your Module::Install-based Makefile.PL (or equivalent). requires 'Task::Weaken' => 0; SUPPORT
Bugs should be always be reported via the CPAN bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Task-Weaken> For other issues,contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Task, Scalar::Util, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-03-08 Task::Weaken(3)