Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scan direcotries
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scan direcotries Post 302172181 by matrixmadhan on Monday 3rd of March 2008 01:37:24 AM
Old 03-03-2008
Welcome to the forum ! Smilie

Please read the rules of the forum !

Personal contact ids should not be posted in the posts.

Regarding your question
####

Code:
read the directory list first time - 
populate it in a file - fileA
after n secs
read the directory list again -
populate it in a file - tmp
find the diff of fileA and tmp 
and populate the diff to file A again
and repeat the process based on the interval 'n' seconds

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Name scan

Hi. how to search a range of IP:s for their registed IP names? Like nslookup or host for all IPs 130.xxx.xxx.1 to 130.xxx.xxx.254 //nicke (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diff of two direcotries?

I need a command that I can run to diff two directories. I only want it to show the directories that are different - not the files beneath the directories. In other words, I have 2 directories: dir1 and dir2. dir1 has the following subdirectories: sub1, sub2, sub3, sub4. dir2 has the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eshman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please let me know Regarding Port Scan

Can any one please let me know below ones 1) How to Perform the Port Scan in Solaris Environment and how to block the unwanted Ports. 2) How to know whether particular Port is listning the requests or not? Thanks Ramkumar.B (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: myramkumar
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scan and capture

Hi, I am new to unix. I have a file with records like the below ads-sap-4.txt: </a></b></span><span class="linkbutton yellow_but"><a id="2005754_more" style="cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akondeti
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scan and move

i have a script to look for a file, but it moves a file that's being used. i want to use: if file exists > 0, and not being updated/used in the last 2 minutes, move to /tmp i can do this much: if then mv filename.txt /tmp else exit fi or how can i check if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scan directory

The script should _scan a specific directory _If a file name is like one provided, then run the command to send the file via CFT The name should be picked from a list. The current list is : ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fireit
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scan compressed

Hello all I want to help I have some compressed files on the system When you want to unzip these files Delete any file which symlink "ln -s" {{ I need script is necessary Script contain: Any operation to decompress the system is doing to delete any symlink... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Scan For new LUNS

In Solaris the administrator has to update /kernel/drv/sd.conf file to tell the sd driver to scan for a broader range of scsi devices. Can someone please tell me what file needs to be update in Redhat Linux 5 for the same. Second part of the question is WWN for HBA's can be found (atleast in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best way to scan?

i want to scan all open and closed ports on a server. how can i do this. i intend on using nmap, but if there are better ways to do it, please let me know. i understand there are a total of 6335 allowable ports on a server. so out of that 6335, i want to know which is open or closed. id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. Google Chrome OS

How to scan Chromebook?

How to scan a Chromebook. I just want to scan a chromebook like other OS and show the device details in our asset management tool. While googling, we can open command prompt in chromebook as like of linux. I hope it is an unix based OS, so there might be some option to scan the machine as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
2 Replies
RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)						   User Commands					     RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)

NAME
rescan-scsi-bus.sh - script for adding and removing SCSI devices without rebooting SYNOPSIS
rescan-scsi-bus.sh [options] [host [host ...]] OPTIONS
-a, --alltargets scan all targets, not just currently existing [default: disabled] -d enable debug [default: 0] -l activates scanning for LUNs 0--7 [default: 0] -L NUM activates scanning for LUNs 0--NUM [default: 0] -w, --wide scan for target device IDs 0--15 [default: 0--7] -c enables scanning of channels 0 1 [default: 0 / all detected ones] -r, --remove enables removing of devices [default: disabled] -f, --flush flush failed multipath devices [default: disabled] -i, --issue-lip issue a FibreChannel LIP reset [default: disabled] -u, --update look for existing disks that have been remapped -s, --resize look for resized disks and reload associated multipath devices, if applicable --forcerescan rescan existing devices --forceremove remove and readd every device (DANGEROUS) --nooptscan don't stop looking for LUNs is 0 is not found --color use coloured prefixes OLD/NEW/DEL --hosts=LIST scan only host(s) in LIST --channels=LIST scan only channel(s) in LIST --ids=LIST scan only target ID(s) in LIST --luns=LIST scan only lun(s) in LIST --sync, --nosync issue a sync / no sync [default: sync if remove] --attachpq3 tell kernel to attach sg to LUN 0 that reports PQ=3 --reportlun2 tell kernel to try REPORT_LUN even on SCSI2 devices --largelun tell kernel to support LUNs > 7 even on SCSI2 devs --sparselun tell kernel to support sparse LUN numbering Host numbers may thus be specified either directly on cmd line (deprecated) or or with the --hosts=LIST parameter (recommended). LIST: A[-B][,C[-D]]... is a comma separated list of single values and ranges (No spaces allowed.) SEE ALSO
rescan-scsi-bus.sh Homepage: http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/#rescan-scsi sg3_utils Homepage: http://sg.danny.cz/sg rescan-scsi-bus.sh 1.57 leden 2014 RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)