Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Big Brother
Operating Systems AIX Big Brother Post 302171706 by pankajd on Friday 29th of February 2008 08:29:08 AM
Old 02-29-2008
Installing Big Brother..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwliew999
Have anyone heard of "Big Brother"? This is a tool to monitor system with GUI screen and ease system administration work.
It can show you whether the system have CPU more than threshold by showing a green light or red light.. You can set any checking so that it will assist to monitor and show you the red, yellow or green light.
As I have received only the installation file as well as a website, I have no idea how to install and furthermore it appears as quite complicated.
May I know if anyone have installed and can assist to install?
Or
May I know if anyone have installed other software to have system performance monitoring in 1 screen for AIX?
Thanks in advance.

Smiliehi ,
u might have received ur tar file..
untar it using comand tar -xvf and tar filename
in that ,u will find one file as readme.install file.just read the file and follow the steps..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX community...help your Mac brother!

Hello, I have been a Macintosh user for many, many years. As you may know the latest MacOS ( OS X ) is UNIX based. (Please see http://www.apple.com/macosx/technologies/inside.html for more information.) Basically, I really have no idea where to start with UNIX...if anyone could take a quick... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: makemead
7 Replies

3. AIX

big brother monitoring tool - make failed

Hi, Does anyone has installed bb on a unix system ? I am trying to install bb on aix 5.3 but I have the following message: If someone can help me probably there is a tool that I need to install ? I don't have C compiler I install gcc instead and gcc++ etc ... bb:/home/bb/bb1.9g-btf/src/ $ make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies
vga_setegacolor(3)						Svgalib User Manual						vga_setegacolor(3)

NAME
vga_setegacolor - set the current color SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> void vga_setegacolor(int color); DESCRIPTION
Set the current color to be a color resembling the color-th EGA coler. This works regardless of the depth of the current video mode. The color is used by vga_drawpixel(3) and vga_drawline(3). Valid values for color are: 0 - black. 1 - blue. 2 - green. 3 - cyan. 4 - red. 5 - magenta. 6 - brown. 7 - grey. 8 - dark grey (light black). 9 - light blue. 10 - light green. 11 - light cyan. 12 - light red. 13 - light magenta. 14 - yellow (light brown). 15 - white (light grey). The fun(6) and vgatest(6) demos show the basic use of this function. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), fun(6), vgatest(6), vga_setcolor(3), vga_setrgbcolor(3), vga_drawpixel(3), vga_drawline(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 vga_setegacolor(3)