Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Routes being automatically added Post 302171465 by Conutmonky on Thursday 28th of February 2008 03:15:51 PM
Old 02-28-2008
Routes being automatically added

Hello,

I have two AIX 5.3 servers that are supposedly set up exactly the same. The problem I am having is on one of the servers, it seems dynamic routes are being added mysteriously and non-periodically. This only happens on one server and not the other. Also, there doesn't seem to be a specific event that occurs (such as reboot) that causes this to happen.

Any ideas as to why this could be happening?

Thanks,
Mike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Multiple Interfaces and Routes

I have a Unix box with 2 network interfaces on the same IP subnet and would like to add a host route via a specific interface. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: diemos
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

there was a strange character(^M) been added automatically in UNIX

I used Notepad to compile my txt file and then I transferred this file to UNIX. When I use vi to open the file, I found that at the end of each line there was a "^M" character. In the original txt file there was not this character. Why this character would been added automatically in UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jasmine
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add 2 gateway routes?

I need some help adding routes in sco. I am using SCO Openserver 5.0.4. Basically I have 2 gateways here. The first is 10.15.1.1 and allows me access to the rest of the computers in the office and in other offices. The other gateway is 10.15.10.2 and is the sonicwall that will allow access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
3 Replies

4. Debian

Setting Routes and such

Ok, I made changes to my routing tables..... which file do I modify to make the routes initialize correctly when the machine boots up? I work with all flavours of Unix/Linux... but this is an older box... Linux, Release 2.2.14-5.0. I did a grep for the default route in /etc, but didnt find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djsal
2 Replies

5. AIX

Multiple Default routes

Hi All, I have a AIX server running v5.2 and its having multiple default routes configured to two seperate gateway. Here's the output of -- netstat -rn Routing tables Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use If PMTU Exp Groups Route Tree for Protocol Family 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramanuj
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Where are routes stored ?

Hi there When adding a route (or indeed deleting a route) which file is amended ? I am moving a box from one network to another and when it starts up it tries to connect run 'add net 192.x.x.x' etc etc ...but i dont want it to do that where do I edit these route additions cheers (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

7. Solaris

adding routes in Solaris

Solaris Guru's What is the proper way to add routes in the routing table so after a node reboot the routes will not be lost. I understand the /etc/defaultrouter for the default router and the <route add> command but using this command routes will be removed once the node reboots. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brad_52000
7 Replies

8. Solaris

vfstab enteries automatically added during live upgrade

i am trying to patch a solaris 10 server using live upgrade. issue is, when i create a new BE and activate it during reboot the file system that are mounted but doesnt have an entry in vfstab are automatically added in vfstab of new BE. looks like live upgrade uses df -h output as reference... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with routes in Solaris 10

Hello All, I have a Solaris 10 machine with 4 physical network interfaces configured viz. igb0, e1000g0, igb2 and e1000g2. Out of these interfaces, I am routing all my normal monitoring and O&M activities via. igb0 and e1000g0 interfaces. However, I am facing an issue on one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Packet going out of wrong interface due to OS automatically added cache route with lower metric

RHEL 7.0, IPV6 Scenario: I have routed specific network using network scripts. 1. "ip -6 route show" shows that route has been added. ( with metric 1024) 2. Ping of the specific IP through that route is successful. 3. Now after few days, for some reason, we see that cache route appears for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msr1981
3 Replies
DNROUTE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							DNROUTE(8)

NAME
dnroute - DECnet Routing Daemon SYNOPSIS
dnroute [options] Options: [-dvV2Dtnhr] DESCRIPTION
dnroute is a daemon that manages the DECnet routing tables to provide a simple but probably useful routing policy. dnroute listens for incoming routing messages and adds routes in the kernel for non-local areas that it sees. Routes will be modifed according to these messages so that the lowest cost route that is up will always be used. Routes to locally accessible nodes (it those in the neighbour table) will also be added. If you want to keep manual control of the route to a particular area, then add a line into dnroute.conf. eg: manual 26 will disable dnroute's setting of routing tables for that area. dnetinfo will still show the route that would have been set with (M) on the line to show it has been overidden. To implement its routing policies dnroute assumes that all interfaces on the system have a cost of 4. To change this add lines in /etc/dnroute.conf for each of the interfaces you need to change. eg eth0 6 eth1 8 tap0 10 A script called dnetinfo is provided that gets the routing information from dnroute and displays it on stdout in a format similar to the VMS command SHOW NET/OLD. OPTIONS
-d Don't fork and run the background. Use this for debugging. -v Verbose. Log route changes to syslog. -D Debug log. Writes debugging information to stderr. Only useful with -d. -h -? Displays help for using the command. -r Send DECnet routing messages showing the state of local nodes. -2 Send DECnet level 2 (area) routing messages. Implies -r. -t <secs> Timer to send routing messages on. Defaults to 15 seconds. -n Do not set up routes or send routing messages, just monitor the network. Useful for testing. -V Show the version of dnroute. SEE ALSO
dnetd.conf(5), ip(8) DECnet utilities March 30 2006 DNROUTE(8)