Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NETWORK IP ADDRESS on HACMP
Operating Systems AIX NETWORK IP ADDRESS on HACMP Post 302171008 by baochengchen on Wednesday 27th of February 2008 10:29:51 AM
Old 02-27-2008
hi, you can find a red book, book name as : SG246375,,, in this book ,, you can get the answer .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network address and broadcast address?

say I have a IP address which is 10.0.0.12, and subnet mask is 255.255.255.240, what is the network address and what is the broadcast address which host lives on? And could you explain how to get the answer? thanx in advance! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnxi
7 Replies

2. AIX

hacmp network adapter re-define

I have an LPAR in a P5 machine which has been setup in an HACMP cluster. The person who set it up allocated the wrong network adapter (en) to the persistent network. For the life of me I cannot find where I can re-assign this adapter. Anyone able to help me as I am tearing my hair out and do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

network and broadcast address

Hi Suppose You have two computers. One named kenny which has an IP address of 192.168.0.7. kenny lives on a subnet with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.240. The second computer is called zathras, which has an IP address of 192.168.0.17, zathras lives on a network with the same subnet mask. i)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scofiled83
4 Replies

4. AIX

Virtual IP address in HACMP

I am new to HACMP V5.4 in AIX5.3.Please let me know how to get the virtual IP address configured for a HACMP cluster. Is this the correct way to identify it? If i give ifconfig -a the first ip address displayed is the real address of the host.So the other one can be VIP. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guru13
3 Replies

5. AIX

Duplicate IP address makes PowerHA ( HACMP ) down

Hello, I would like to know if anyone has faced this problem. Whenever there is a duplicate IP address, HACMP goes down infact HACMP ( PowerHA ) takes the whole system down. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fake network address....

Good morning! Why would having a fake network device be useful? Thanks in advance Bigben (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
0 Replies

7. AIX

Network File System using HACMP

Hi, I have an HACMP cluster with two nodes. The Resource Group contains a VG which in turn has a FS created in it say /test.. Now I want that FS to be mounted through NFS on some other AIX servers as well. What would be the best way to do this? Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

8. AIX

hacmp - is it possible to remove a disk heartbeat network from an online cluster?

Hi I'm a little rusty with HACMP, but wanted to find out if it is possible to remove a disk heartbeat network from a running HACMP cluster. Reason is, I need to migrate all the SAN disk, so the current heartbeat disk will be disappearing. Ideally, I'd like to avoid taking the cluster down to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmcbugg
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Partitioning a network address. Urgent help please

Hi, I am trying to figure out a way to partition the departmental IP network address block to create a staff and a student subnet. Each of these will be identified by its own network address and netmask. It is university policy that you must be economical with the IP addresses. That is, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bawse.c
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

Network address translation

How would one approach the problem of determining the NAT tables of a router without knowing the userid and password. The only password holder died. I know the internal ip address of the router is 192.168.2.1, and also ports 80 or 8080 and 3389 are open. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
5 Replies
o2cb_ctl(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						       o2cb_ctl(8)

NAME
o2cb_ctl - Control program for the O2CB cluster service. SYNOPSIS
o2cb_ctl -C -n object -t type [-i] [-a attribute ] o2cb_ctl -D -n object [-u] o2cb_ctl -I [-o-z] -l manager> [-n object>] [-t type] [-a attribute] o2cb_ctl -H [-n object] [-t type>] [-a attribute>] o2cb_ctl -h o2cb_ctl -V DESCRIPTION
o2cb_ctl is the control program for the O2CB cluster service. Users are not advised to use this program directly but instead use the O2CB init service and/or ocfs2console. OPTIONS
-C Create an object in the OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -D Delete an object from the existing OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -I Print information about the OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -H Change an object or objects in the existing OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -h Displays help and exit. -V Print version and exit. OTHER OPTIONS
-a <attribute> With -C, <attribute> is in format "parameter=value", where the parameter is a valid parameter that can be set in the file /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. With -I, <attribute> may be "parameter", indicating an attribute to be listed in the output, or it may be "parameter==value", indicating that only objects matching "parameter=value" are to be displayed. -i Valid only with -C. When creating something (node or cluster), it will also install it in the live cluster. If the parameter is not specified, then only update the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. -n object object is usually the node name or cluster name. In the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf file, it would be the value of the name parameter for any of the sections (cluster or node). -o Valid only with -I. Using this parameter, if one asks o2cb_ctl to list all nodes, it will output it in a format suitable for shell parsing. -t type type can be cluster, node or heartbeat. -u Valid only with -D. When deleting something (node or cluster), it will also remove it from the live cluster. If the parameter is not specified, then only update the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. -z Valid only with -I. This is the default. If one asks o2cb_ctl to list all nodes, it will give a verbose listing. EXAMPLES
Add node5 to an offline cluster: $ o2cb_ctl -C -n node5 -t node -a number=5 -a ip_address=192.168.0.5 -a ip_port=7777 -a cluster=mycluster Add node10 to an online cluster: $ o2cb_ctl -C -i -n node10 -t node -a number=10 -a ip_address=192.168.1.10 -a ip_port=7777 -a cluster=mycluster Note the -i argument. Query the IP address of node5: $ o2cb_ctl -I -n node5 -a ip_address Change the IP address of node5: $ o2cb_ctl -H -n node5 -a ip_address=192.168.1.5 SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.6.4 September 2010 o2cb_ctl(8)