Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Counter function problems...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Counter function problems... Post 302170819 by LinuxRacr on Tuesday 26th of February 2008 08:58:32 PM
Old 02-26-2008
I fixed it by combining two functions into one:

Code:
function adder_func
         {
         TYPE=$1
         if [ -s sizes.$TYPE ]; then
            let sum=0
            for i in `cat sizes.$TYPE`
            do
             ((i=$i-5104))
             ((new_sum=$i + $sum))
             sum=$new_sum
            done
            ((meg_sum=$new_sum/1024))
            ((gig_sum=$meg_sum/1024))
            ((last_sum=$gig_sum*$NUMBER))
            echo ${last_sum}G
           else
            break
          fi
         }

## Call the adder_func function and output to value.txt to get the max size for your lvol.
adder_func size > value.txt

Now everything will be GigaByte readable, instead of in KBytes.

And now the output of value.txt:
2495G

And the effect:

Are you ready to create a lvol in fakedg?
Enter 'y' for Yes or 'n' for No :y

Enter the name of your lvol.

Lvol name :fakelvol

Enter the size of your lvol.
The maximum size is: 2495G

Lvol size :

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

counter in a variable - can it be done?

I have the following for(( i=1; 1<=2; i++)) do e1=123 n1=123 e2=456 n2=456 coord= $e1,$n1 echo "coordinate=$coord" done exit this echos coordinate=123,123 I need it to loop so: loop1 coord=$e1,$n1 loop2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazz1982
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counter Script..help please

I have generated a script that will email a list of people if a certain PID is not running, using "mailx". I have the script running every 5 minutes as a cron job. I want the script to stop sending an email, if the email has been sent 5 times (meaning PID is dead). I want this so that my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
3 Replies

3. Programming

Please help! accept function problems in Socket programming

Hi, I have a client-server socket program. It has been working fine for over a year, but recently it started to show strange behavior.:confused: After the server program runs for a while, it will show in the top command saying it is using lots of CPU, MEM. I assume it means the server code is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: natxie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counter

Hi, I need some help. Shell script counter. i need to add condition to check if counter is more than 10 and longer than 3 hours? it runs every 5 mins. it only check count and send email right now. it runs in cron as below gregcount.ksh gregdb 10 > /tmp/gregcount.out 2> /tmp/gregcount.err ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pega
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

DelimiterCount: how to use a counter

Hi, I am new to shell script. I want to count to Delimiter count for my source file. For that I have written script. When I tried to execute the script I could not able to view the results. It throws errors. I don't know what the problem is. My aim is I want to store the delimiter count in one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh01_apk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"help me!!" if and function problems

I am trying to allow the user to be notified that the id has already taken from the file "record" and that the user has to contain a numerical figure as well. however when i run it, it will only stay at the please enter a number section and does not change. do u know where is the problem? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bassmasta1
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with "exit" called from function in bourne script

Hi everyone. #!/sbin/sh EXITING() { umount /FOLDER rm -Rf /FOLDER echo "EXIT" exit 0 } EXITING echo "OK" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vacadepollo
8 Replies

8. Programming

Problems with JNI and currentTimeMillis function

Hello, I have a technical problem: I work on AIX 7.1 with Java 1.7 (32 and 64 bit) and I make an application that intercepts certain functions related to time. In this application there is a Java JNI agent with whom I can intercept the Java "getLastModifiedTime" no problem but I am unable to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steph311
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counter

if ;then echo "mrnet greater 5000" gzip /var/log/mrnet.log mv /var/log/mrnet.log.gz /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz if ];then i=1 let i++ mv /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz /var/log/vieux-logs/mrnet.log.$i.gz else echo "theres no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Froob
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pegging counter

Hi Experts, I am in need for some help. My competence level on unix is not at all helping me to resolve this. Please help. My Input for a system command is as under: Counters are getting pegged each hour. I need to have a difference printed rather than pegged counter values. Counter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)