Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete last character in dos file Post 302170604 by ssmallya on Tuesday 26th of February 2008 04:25:36 AM
Old 02-26-2008
Is there a way other than using sed command?

Hi,

I have NULL characters at the beginning of each line in the file which are necessary as i have to process this file later.

I used the sed command suggested above. It removes the last ^Z. It also removes NULL characters present at the beginning of each line in my file.(This is a dos file that i am processing)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file.please give the required commands for my requirement. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file Permnently.please give the required commands for my requirement. required... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivsn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a character at the end of a file.

I am having a file which has data like this:- 1,2,3,4,5, But I need to remove the last comma from this file. So the data should be like 1,2,3,4,5 The command I tried was temp=`cat ${FileName}.txt` len=`awk '{print length($0)}' ${FileName}.txt` len=`expr $len - 1` ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rony_daniel
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete parts of a string of character in one given column of a tab delimited file

I would like to remove characters from column 7 so that from an input file looking like this: >HWI-EAS422_12:4:1:69:89 GGTTTAAATATTGCACAAAAGGTATAGAGCGT U0 1 0 0 ref_chr8.fa 6527777 F DD I get something like that in an output file: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: matlavmac
13 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Replace first existence of any character using DOS

Hi I want to replace first existence of the character code I m using is for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%a in (test2.csv) do ( set str=%%a echo !str::=,! >> test3.csv ) However it is replacing all the ':' whereas I want to replace first ':' by ',' and leave rest of the ':' as it is. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] delete character in vi file

I have a file with lots of unnecessary double quotes ("). I tried to remove them but not successful. Please assist. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: delete on each line before a character and after a character

Hi there, A total sed noob here. Is there a way using sed to delete everything before a character AND after another character on each line in a file? The deletion should also delete the indicating characters(here: an opening and a closing parenthesis). The original file would look like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bnbsd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Numbers, Spaces, Special Character from the begining of the line of a file

Hi All, I want to keep the name of the songs with their respective extensions only. Sample Code ======== 03 Choti choti gaiya choti choti gaval.mp3 03---Brazil Dhol.mp3 03 PAYALIYA .mp3 04 - Isq Risk .mp3 04%20-%20Oh%20My%20Love(wapking.in).mp3 08 - A2 - Aasan Nahin Yahan .mp3 AE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific character of a file in each line and delete this character in a specific position

I will appreciate if you help me here in this script in Solaris Enviroment. Scenario: i have 2 files : 1) /tmp/TRANSACTIONS_DAILY_20180730.txt: 201807300000000004 201807300000000005 201807300000000006 201807300000000007 201807300000000008 2)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teokon90
10 Replies
STRLTRIM(3pub)						       C Programmer's Manual						    STRLTRIM(3pub)

NAME
strltrim - remove leading whitespace from string SYNOPSIS
#include <publib.h> char *strltrim(char *s); DESCRIPTION
strltrim removes all leading whitespace characters from the beginning of a string, by moving everything starting from the first non-white- space character to the beginning of the string. As whitespace is counted everything for which isspace(3) returns true. RETURN VALUE
strltrim returns its argument. EXAMPLE
To remove all indentation from all lines in a program, you might do the following: #include <publib.h> int main(void) { char line[512]; while (fgets(line, sizeof(line), stdio) != NULL) { strltrim(line); printf("%s", line); } return 0; } SEE ALSO
publib(3), strrtrim(3), strtrim(3), isspace(3) AUTHOR
Lars Wirzenius (lars.wirzenius@helsinki.fi) Publib C Programmer's Manual STRLTRIM(3pub)