Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extracting specific block
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting specific block Post 302170405 by joeyg on Monday 25th of February 2008 02:12:58 PM
Old 02-25-2008
Tools Seems to be working as follows:

Code:
[ ~/tmp/tccredit ] > cat CCN02
rTCCreditControlRecord abc 001
rTCCreditControlRecord abc 002
rTCCreditControlRecord abc 003
rTCCreditControlRecord abc 004
rTCCreditControlRecord abc 005
rTCCreditControlRecord abc 006
rTCCreditControlRecord abc 007
rTCCreditControlRecord abc 008

Code:
[ ~/tmp/tccredit ] > cat cntpr
#!/bin/bash
count=0
while read EachLine
   do
   prefix=$(echo $EachLine | cut -c1-22)
   if [ "$prefix" = "rTCCreditControlRecord" ] 
      then
      count=$(($count + 1))             
      fi
   echo "debug=" $count $EachLine   #for debug purposes
   if [ $count -eq 5 ]
      then 
      echo $EachLine
      fi
done < CCN02

provides as output===>
Code:
[ ~/tmp/tccredit ] > cntpr
debug= 1 rTCCreditControlRecord abc 001
debug= 2 rTCCreditControlRecord abc 002
debug= 3 rTCCreditControlRecord abc 003
debug= 4 rTCCreditControlRecord abc 004
debug= 5 rTCCreditControlRecord abc 005
rTCCreditControlRecord abc 005
debug= 6 rTCCreditControlRecord abc 006
debug= 7 rTCCreditControlRecord abc 007
debug= 8 rTCCreditControlRecord abc 008

Note that the 5th record is what I was looking for in the process. Comment out my #debug purposes line to only get the 5th record.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting specific info from finger command

Hello all, my unix is bash based and the finger command output is: Login Name Tty Idle LoginTime Office amos.john Amos John pts/26 1 Dec 5 16:18 (77.100.22.07) What am trying to achieve is extract the Login (amos.john) and Name (Amos John) from this output without using awk or sed. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franny
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific text from a file

Dear All, I have to extract a a few lines from a log file and I know the starting String and end string(WHich is same ). Is there any simplere way using sed - awk. e.g. from the following file -------------------------------------- Some text Date: 21 Oct 2008 Text to be extracted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text out of specific lines

Hi, I have a file like LAHORE 2009-04-16 16:04:19 THU S5830 FAULT MESSAGE SUPPRESS STATUS LOC : ASP00 STS : SUPPRESSING CONTINUE INF : F6201 TRUNK. DATA FAULT REPORT COMPLETED LAHORE 2009-04-16 16:04:20 THU S8400 ISUP SIGNALLING TRACE -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting specific lines from a file

hi all, i searched in unix.com and accquired the following commands for extracting specific lines from a file .. sed -n '16482,16482p' in.sql > out.sql awk 'NR>=10&&NR<=20' in.sql > out.sql.... these commands are working fine if i give the line numbers as such .. but if i pass a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting specific text from lines

Hello, i've got this output text: and i need it to look something like this: which means that there won't be absolute path of each directory, just it's size and the last word after last '/' in each line, and i also don't need last line '1.7M /tmp' Looks like there is a simple... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krater559
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Tag along with specific lines

I have this input file: and the desired output is as follows: Desired Output This is a sample taken from a huge file. Basically, the script should take the tag (TDK11..1>) add everything that has bukle=A until it sees the blank lines. Then takes the next tag (TDK2222>) adds everything that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific rows

Hi all..... I have a file which contains large data...like I want to print the rows starting from "pixel" till the file read the letter "TER" into a new output file.... can anyone plz help in doing this ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering data -extracting specific lines

I have a table to data which one of the columns include string of text from within that, I am searching to include few lines but not others for example I want to to include some combination of word address such as (address.| address? |the address | your address) but not (ip address | email... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from a file in specific format

Hi All, I have the file in this format **** Results Data **** Time or Step 1 2 20 0.000000000e+00 0s 0s 0s 1.024000000e+00 Us 0s 0s 1.100000000e+00 1s 0s 0s 1.100000001e+00 1s 0s 1s 2.024000000e+00 Us Us 1s 2.024000001e+00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a block of code at the end of a specific block

I need to search for a block with the starting pattern say "tabId": "table_1", and ending pattern say "]" and then add a few lines before "]" "block1":"block_111" "tabId": "table_1", "title":"My title" ..... .... }] how do I achieve it using awk and sed. Thanks, Lakshmi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
3 Replies
NAMESPACE(6)							   Games Manual 						      NAMESPACE(6)

NAME
namespace - name space description file DESCRIPTION
Namespace files describe how to construct a name space from scratch, an operation normally performed by the newns subroutine (see auth(2)) which is typically called by init(8). Each line specifies one name space operation. Spaces and tabs separate arguments to operations; no quotes or escapes are recognized. Blank lines and lines with # as the first non-space character are ignored. Environment variables of the form $name are expanded within arguments, where name is a UTF string terminated by white space, a /, or a $. The known operations and their arguments are: mount [-abc] servename old [spec] Mount servename on old. bind [-abc] new old Bind new on old. import [-abc] host "[remotepath]mountpoint Import remotepath from machine server and attach it to mountpoint. cd dir Change the working directory to dir. The options for bind, mount, and import are interpreted as in bind(1) and import(4). SEE ALSO
bind(1), namespace(4), init(8) NAMESPACE(6)