Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO master and slave in lan network Post 302170364 by jactroo on Monday 25th of February 2008 11:13:36 AM
Old 02-25-2008
first, what does it mean to "configure master and slave in lan", ait mean server cliente, or what else, ?, please be more specific

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS master / slave problems

Our NIS master server went down. We have since fixed it and brought it back up. However all of are machines still point to the slave server when looking at it with ypwhich. My question is how do i point the servers back to the master. Frank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print a file on a network printer from one lan to another

Hi, I have 2 different lan, each with a pc an a network printer. I can access both lan using ssh. how do I print a file from the first lan to a network printer on the second one. Thanks in advance Philippe sorry it was suposed to go to the dummies forum (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazilia
3 Replies

3. Web Development

MySQL Master-Slave Configuration: Don't Replicate a Row of a Table?

Anyone have a clue about this? I have checked the MySQL documentation and it does not seem possible to exclude a row of a table from replication between Master and Slave. It seems that replication in MySQL can only be managed at the table level, not at the row level. Does anyone know a work... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

4. Programming

Asynchronous communication between master and slave threads

I am writing a process that has a master thread and a set of slave threads. Master thread is supposed to get jobs dynamically and assign to slave thread which is free. Master also get results back from slaves once a job is done. The number of slaves should be adjustable dynamically based on job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to wait the slave to be finished first then execute the master--MPI C++?

Hi, How to wait the slave to be finished first then execute the master? Can someone give me the specific function? Or the detailed example. Thanks~ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

DNS question about initial Master/Slave setup

Hey everyone. I'm creating a DNS master/slave server set up. I have the configurations all done I believe, the master has the required zone file, and the named.conf file has the allow transfer and allow query stuff set. The slave has it's own configs set. My question is that when initially... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why inactive slave bonding received network package in redhat?

bond0 active in eth0 and inactive in eth4. why eth4 received network package? Bonding Mode: fault-tolerance (active-backup) Primary Slave: eth0 (primary_reselect failure) Currently Active Slave: eth0 MII Status: up MII Polling Interval (ms): 100 Up Delay (ms): 0 Down Delay (ms): 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samran35
4 Replies
vtdaemon(1M)															      vtdaemon(1M)

NAME
vtdaemon - respond to vt requests SYNOPSIS
lan_device lan_device ... DESCRIPTION
responds to requests from other systems (via local area network) made by (see vt(1)). spawns a server to respond to each request that it receives. Options recognizes the following command-line options and arguments: Causes to rebroadcast all requests received on one lan device to all other lan devices specified on the command line. The optional parameter ngateway specifies the maximum number of vtgateway servers that can be in operation concurrently. If ngateway is not specified, there is no limit on the number of vtgateway servers that can be in operation concurrently. Causes vtdaemon to ignore all requests that have come through a gateway. The remaining arguments are the full path names of lan devices that vtdaemon looks for requests on. If no lan devices are specified, the default lan device is used. The major number for this device must correspond to a IEEE 802.3 local area network device. Another function of is to create portals and service portal requests. A portal is a callout device that can be used by to communicate to another machine via local area network (see uucico(1M)). Portals are created by according to the configuration information found in the file Each line in has the format: <calldev>[,<lan device>] <nodename> For each line, creates a portal named calldev in Whenever this device is opened, spawns a server that creates a connection to the system specified by nodename via the lan device specified. If no lan device is specified, the first one specified on the command line when was started is used (or the default lan device is used if no lan devices were specified on the command line). should be terminated by sending signal to it. When receives this signal it removes all of the portals it created in before exiting. DIAGNOSTICS
Diagnostics messages produced by are written to WARNINGS
uses the Hewlett-Packard (Link Level Access) direct interface to the HP network drivers. uses the multicast address It should not be used or deleted by other applications accessing the network. uses the following IEEE 802.3 sap (service access point) values: and They should not be used by other applications accessing the network. Desktop HP-UX If your system has been installed with the Desktop HP-UX product, then both and will not be started by default. In order to start these daemons, change PTYDAEMON_START and VTDAEMON_START from a "0" to a "1" in the and files, respectively. The system must either be rebooted for these changes to take effect, or you can manually start both daemons by typing : where /dev/lan0 is the character special device file corresponding to the IEEE802.3 local area network device. FILES
logfile used by vtdaemon. default lan device name. SEE ALSO
vt(1), uucico(1M). vtdaemon(1M)