Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mount in vfstab
Operating Systems Solaris mount in vfstab Post 302170284 by Perderabo on Monday 25th of February 2008 05:12:26 AM
Old 02-25-2008
Those are not very good entries. Read "man vfstab".

Code:
/dev/md/dsk/d30 /dev/md/rdsk/d30 /odb0   ufs     2      yes      -
/dev/md/dsk/d40 /dev/md/rdsk/d40 /odb1   ufs     2      yes      -

The second filename needs to a raw device. After the type (ufs) comes the fsck pass number. I am just guessing with "2", but that is better than your pass "no". Finally we have a "yes or no", you picked "no"... that means do not mount at boot. Switch that to "yes" to get what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/vfstab

If i wish to make a mount permanent, is it /etc/vfstab that i have to the entry add to? If so does anybody know the syntax, ie. is it tab or space delimited ? etc etc any help would be greatly appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vfstab on spare disk - HOW ? Mount ?

Hi, guys ! Could someone clarify one thing for me: I start machine from disk0, and want to check the /etc/vfstab on disk1. How do i do it ? Tried to write: cd / mount /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0 /mnt But if I do cd /mnt, it is empty. I expected to see disk1 there ? Or am I wrong ? How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VFSTAB edit

Hello all... I have a Ultra 60 that that is used for connecting a large Xerox printer to the network. This computer takes PDF's and converts them to tiffs and sends them back to a pc :p . In order to transfer data back and forth a mount is manually performed on the UNIX box. The mount of course is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xeroxguy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about vfstab

Hi all, I have been trying to figure out a way to mount swap on /tmp at a stage early than the default script that does it... If anyone knows how it can be done pls pls help me!!!!! I have been struggling a lot for it Secondly, continuing with the same issue... I wanted to know if the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vfstab overlay mount

How can I specify and the -O (overlay option) in the vfstab ? Also can you specify the overlay option to the mount options for a Vertias cluster NFS service group ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjones
0 Replies

6. Solaris

how to edit /etc/vfstab

I created a file system earth in /earthpool (zpool). I mounted the file system on a directory /earth. But, when I reboot my machine it doesn't load the file systems and the zpool and zfs shows no pools available and no datasets respectively. I am using Solaris 10 running on X4500. Could you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
5 Replies

7. Solaris

etc/vfstab

Hi Everyone, How to find the wrong entry in etc/vfstab or wrong mount point in etc/vfstab ? Thanks & Regards Padmaja. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmaja
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/vfstab vs /etc/mnttab

what is the difference between the /etc/vfstab and /etc/mnttab? when i check both files, the content is almost the same. can you enlighten me? what i know is /etc/vfstab is used for hard mounts. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrist
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up a vfstab

Hi Guys i need your help quite urgently I am setting up a vfstab but need some help, here is the file systems 0. c0t0d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107> drmlc-00 Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks Mounted/used by 0 root wm 0 - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to mount from vfstab file

I am setting up a test system and grabbed the /etc/vfstab file from the prod system. I don't want to overlay the /etc/vfstab file from the prod box on the test box so I just copied the prod /etc/vfstab file over to the test server and put the file in the /tmp/ directory. I want to mount the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoman1
2 Replies
mount_pcfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mount_pcfs(1M)

NAME
mount_pcfs - mount pcfs file systems SYNOPSIS
mount -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o FSType-specific_options] special | mount_point mount -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o FSType-specific_options] special mount_point DESCRIPTION
mount attaches an MS-DOS file system (pcfs) to the file system hierarchy at the mount_point, which is the pathname of a directory. If mount_point has any contents prior to the mount operation, these are hidden until the file system is unmounted. If mount is invoked with special or mount_point as the only arguments, mount will search /etc/vfstab to fill in the missing arguments, including the FSType-specific_options; see mount(1M) for more details. The special argument can be one of two special device file types: o A floppy disk, such as /dev/diskette0 or /dev/diskette1. o A DOS logical drive on a hard disk expressed as device-name:logical-drive , where device-name specifies the special block device-file for the whole disk and logical-drive is either a drive letter (c through z) or a drive number (1 through 24). Examples are /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0:c and /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0:1. The special device file type must have a formatted MS-DOS file system with either a 12-bit, 16-bit, or 32-bit File Allocation Table. OPTIONS
generic_options See mount(1M) for the list of supported options. -o Specify pcfs file system specific options. The following options are supported: foldcase|nofoldcase Force uppercase characters in filenames to lowercase when reading them from the filesystem. This is for compatibility with the pre- vious behavior of pcfs. The default is nofoldcase. FILES
/etc/mnttab table of mounted file systems /etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mount(1M), mountall(1M), mount(2), mnttab(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), pcfs(7FS) NOTES
If the directory on which a file system is to be mounted is a symbolic link, the file system is mounted on the directory to which the sym- bolic link refers, rather than on top of the symbolic link itself. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2003 mount_pcfs(1M)