Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exportfs
Operating Systems AIX Exportfs Post 302170273 by simka on Monday 25th of February 2008 04:28:11 AM
Old 02-25-2008
Exportfs

Hi All I need help here. Some body familiar with the exportfs

For AIX5.1, i has exported a /ietelerad/TEST 10.197.6.78 for sharing.

At NFS server.
$ showmount -e
export list for CS72:
/ietelerad/TEST 10.197.6.78
$

At NFS Client
mount: 1831-011 access denied for 10.197.6.72:/ieterelad/TEST
mount: 1831-008 giving up on:
10.197.6.72:/ieterelad/TEST
The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.

thank you.

By using smitty..
Is that any other setting i have missed out.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on rcp,exportfs

i need some help on remote file copyieng.the queeries are: 1:> m working on a machine say(abc) and i want to copy a directory(yes a directory) from a remote machine. so what would be the command. 2:> do in need to login on the source machine from where i want to copy a directory. 3:> is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Exportfs command not working

Hi All, Here is one peculiar problem I am facing with exportfs command. I have exported these following directories in /etc/dfs/dfstab file /home -access=rx26-156:dhl-6a.digitalindiasw.net /opt -ro /dev -access=rx26-156 /etc/opt -root=rx26-156 then after saving the file when I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sutapa.hp
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exportfs -v and sync option

Dear Friends, I am using Linux system where one nfs share has been configured with rw,sync options. But when I use to check with exportfs -v command it does not show me the sync option I enabled in /etc/exports My doubt is whether I need to use any other command or other options to see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
2 Replies

4. AIX

Help on NFS and exportfs

HI guys... Recently I have a request to share an AIX filesystem to a Windows client. Unable to use Samba as this is a production server, and IBM Support does ont support as it is a Third Party application. Not wanting to take the risk, I opt for NFS.. However, reading the pSeries System... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mushr00m
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help awk /etc/exportfs

Need help awk out information from /etc/exports :wall: cat /etc/exports /%filesystem -sec=sys:krb5p:krb5i:krb5:dh,rw,access=server1:server2:server3:server(n+1) I wanted to edit out (-sec ......,access=) remove the colons and replace is with spaces output /%filesystem server1 server2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wittyresponses6
2 Replies
exportfs(1M)															      exportfs(1M)

NAME
exportfs - translates exportfs options to share/unshare commands SYNOPSIS
[pathname] options] [pathname] DESCRIPTION
translates HP-UX options to the corresponding options and invokes with the translated options. With no options or arguments, invokes to print out the list of all currently shared NFS file systems. Use share(1M) or unshare(1M) whenever possible. Options recognizes the following options Invokes shareall(1M). If is also specified, then it invokes Ignore options in Invokes unshare(1M) on pathname. Verbose. Specify a comma-separated list of optional characteristics for the file systems being exported. translates options to options. (See share(1M) for information about individual options). Old terminology (export) File system sharing used to be called on HP-UX, and was used for exporting file systems. With the new share NFS model, the command replaces exportfs(1M). SEE ALSO
share(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), unshareall(1M). exportfs(1M)