Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX and port trunking / high availability Post 302169987 by art on Saturday 23rd of February 2008 11:33:56 AM
Old 02-23-2008
Yes I know, We've been using Etherchannel 802.3ad(LACP) for a while but I don't like it. Or at least not how the switches handle a switch failure. To explain, we have a switch stack of 4 switches and some of the more important AIX hosts use etherchannel(802.3ad) Short time ago we lost 2 switches out of 4 from the stack because of power interruption. The remaining switches automaticly put all etherchannel port in admin down state and the back up to normal. The result was that we lost all connection to those host that were using etherchannel for about 5-10 sec. But the point of having these hosts on etherchannel was to make sure we always had a connection.
So now I'm looking for alternitive methods for high availability.
On linux there is a bonding mode called "Broadcast"(mode 3) which I think would solve my issue but from what I've read in the link you gave me I don't see that AIX has that feature.

What are people using for high availability network connections ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix high availability and scalability survey

we're in the process of reviewing of unix infrastructure main objective is to consolidate on the less versions possible key decision factors are scalability and high availability options given our multi-datacenter infrastructure, features like HP's continental cluster are top on our wish list... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iacopet
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

High availability/Load balancing

Hi folks, (Sorry I don't know what its technology is termed exactly. High Availability OR load balancing) What I'm going to explore is as follows:- For example, on Physical Servers; Server-1 - LAMP, a working server Server-2 - LAMP, for redundancy While Server-1 is working all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
3 Replies

3. Solaris

High Availability zone on Sun Cluster

HI Experts, Could some one help me in configuring high availability zone on Sun Cluster Reg: Sudhan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iscsi high availability

Hi, I want to set up a iscsi high availability with sheepdog distributed storage. Here is my system set up. Four nodes with sheepdog distributed storage and i am sharing this storage through iscsi using two nodes as well as using a virtual ip set up using ucarp.Two nodes using same iqn. And... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobycxa
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX high availability 1-3/69

Hi, Can someone help and give the answer for the following questions: 1. When PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 is installed on AIX 7.1, what RSCT component does Cluster Aware AIX (CAA) replace? A. Group Services B. Resource Manager C. Topology Services D. Resource Monitoring and Control... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterchang100
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Redhat 5 High Availability Add-on

Hello Experts, I have a question about Redhat HA Add-On, how can i setup an Active/Active Cluster using Redhat 5.7 64Bit, with Round-Robin technique. Each server will run an application and oracle database without RAC. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karmellove
0 Replies

7. Solaris

High availability

hi guys I posted problem last time I didn't find answer to my issue. my problem is as below: I have two servers which work as an actif/standby in high availability system. but when i use command HASTAT -a i have the following message: couldn' find actif node. the servers are sun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zineb06
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Redhat: High Availability

Hi, I want to create gfs storage. But getting error as below: --> Finished Dependency Resolution Error: Package: pacemaker-1.1.12-22.el7_1.2.x86_64 (rhel-ha-for-rhel-7-server-eus-rpms) Requires: sbd You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem You could try... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzainal
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Email Server High Availability

Hello, We are planning to setup a Email server with High Availability for email services so that if SMTP/POP/IMAP goes down on one server, the services switch to second server. We are planning to use a Linux machines from a hosting provider and will do it using DNS with multiple MX records with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to AIX: How do I setup high availability on an AIX System

I am new to AIX but not new to unix. I have an interview for an AIX systems admin position and I know they want someone who has knowledge of High Availability, Failover and LPARs From my research so far, It appear powerha is used to setup high availability and failover on Power systems but is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathisecure
2 Replies
Getopt::Std(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  Getopt::Std(3pm)

NAME
getopt, getopts - Process single-character switches with switch clustering SYNOPSIS
use Getopt::Std; getopt('oDI'); # -o, -D & -I take arg. Sets $opt_* as a side effect. getopt('oDI', \%opts); # -o, -D & -I take arg. Values in %opts getopts('oif:'); # -o & -i are boolean flags, -f takes an argument # Sets $opt_* as a side effect. getopts('oif:', \%opts); # options as above. Values in %opts DESCRIPTION
The getopt() function processes single-character switches with switch clustering. Pass one argument which is a string containing all switches that take an argument. For each switch found, sets $opt_x (where x is the switch name) to the value of the argument if an argument is expected, or 1 otherwise. Switches which take an argument don't care whether there is a space between the switch and the argument. The getopts() function is similar, but you should pass to it the list of all switches to be recognized. If unspecified switches are found on the command-line, the user will be warned that an unknown option was given. The getopts() function returns true unless an invalid option was found. Note that, if your code is running under the recommended "use strict 'vars'" pragma, you will need to declare these package variables with "our": our($opt_x, $opt_y); For those of you who don't like additional global variables being created, getopt() and getopts() will also accept a hash reference as an optional second argument. Hash keys will be x (where x is the switch name) with key values the value of the argument or 1 if no argument is specified. To allow programs to process arguments that look like switches, but aren't, both functions will stop processing switches when they see the argument "--". The "--" will be removed from @ARGV. "--help" and "--version" If "-" is not a recognized switch letter, getopts() supports arguments "--help" and "--version". If "main::HELP_MESSAGE()" and/or "main::VERSION_MESSAGE()" are defined, they are called; the arguments are the output file handle, the name of option-processing package, its version, and the switches string. If the subroutines are not defined, an attempt is made to generate intelligent messages; for best results, define $main::VERSION. If embedded documentation (in pod format, see perlpod) is detected in the script, "--help" will also show how to access the documentation. Note that due to excessive paranoia, if $Getopt::Std::STANDARD_HELP_VERSION isn't true (the default is false), then the messages are printed on STDERR, and the processing continues after the messages are printed. This being the opposite of the standard-conforming behaviour, it is strongly recommended to set $Getopt::Std::STANDARD_HELP_VERSION to true. One can change the output file handle of the messages by setting $Getopt::Std::OUTPUT_HELP_VERSION. One can print the messages of "--help" (without the "Usage:" line) and "--version" by calling functions help_mess() and version_mess() with the switches string as an argument. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Getopt::Std(3pm)