Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators indicating when a question has been answered? Post 302169926 by JamesByars on Saturday 23rd of February 2008 04:15:37 AM
Old 02-23-2008
indicating when a question has been answered?

hi,

this is just a suggestion

at Sun's java forums, the person who asked the original question has the ability to indicate that their question has been "answered". I think that is quite handy, as it lets people who are here to solely answer questions skip that thread. There is a potential down side to this, as it might be that the questions was not answered correctly, and so by skipping this thread they can't point this out! But that aside, I do like that feature. I don't know how others feel about it.

thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how gollum answered..

Dear admins, i remember, my first thread, it is regarding unix systems and i asked some suggestions... and i like to know how gollum answered for that thread?.. and is gollum is a program?.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SAM closed unexpectedlly, "indicating error in every applications"

Incidentally closed the shell that I open the SAM, suddenly SAM closed unexpectedlly. As a result SAM is reporting error messages in every application that is being opened. Captured error message unexpected exit: process /usr/sam/lbin/samx/ -C -p 1358 -s br_sa_bdevs /usr/sam/lib///br.ui... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: real-chess
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing /proc/net/dev into key:value pairs (self-answered)

Hi all, I need some help with using sed/awk/other linux tools to meet the following goal: I'm trying to take the output of /proc/net/dev: Inter-| Receive | Transmit face |bytes packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: felbane
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Request to close a thread that has been answered

Good Afternoon, The following post "how-get-program-name-produced-io-error-redirected-log-nohup-command" is already answered. You can go ahead and close it. Thanks for your help. Best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Trivia Feature Tops 50,000 Questions Answered

Just noticed that our successful computer trivia feature (stats here) has surpassed over 50,000 questions answered by users: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php This was a coding effort worth while and I'm pleased to see so many people enjoying it in such a short time since it was released... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default range is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD