Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators indicating when a question has been answered? Post 302169926 by JamesByars on Saturday 23rd of February 2008 04:15:37 AM
Old 02-23-2008
indicating when a question has been answered?

hi,

this is just a suggestion

at Sun's java forums, the person who asked the original question has the ability to indicate that their question has been "answered". I think that is quite handy, as it lets people who are here to solely answer questions skip that thread. There is a potential down side to this, as it might be that the questions was not answered correctly, and so by skipping this thread they can't point this out! But that aside, I do like that feature. I don't know how others feel about it.

thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how gollum answered..

Dear admins, i remember, my first thread, it is regarding unix systems and i asked some suggestions... and i like to know how gollum answered for that thread?.. and is gollum is a program?.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SAM closed unexpectedlly, "indicating error in every applications"

Incidentally closed the shell that I open the SAM, suddenly SAM closed unexpectedlly. As a result SAM is reporting error messages in every application that is being opened. Captured error message unexpected exit: process /usr/sam/lbin/samx/ -C -p 1358 -s br_sa_bdevs /usr/sam/lib///br.ui... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: real-chess
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing /proc/net/dev into key:value pairs (self-answered)

Hi all, I need some help with using sed/awk/other linux tools to meet the following goal: I'm trying to take the output of /proc/net/dev: Inter-| Receive | Transmit face |bytes packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: felbane
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Request to close a thread that has been answered

Good Afternoon, The following post "how-get-program-name-produced-io-error-redirected-log-nohup-command" is already answered. You can go ahead and close it. Thanks for your help. Best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Trivia Feature Tops 50,000 Questions Answered

Just noticed that our successful computer trivia feature (stats here) has surpassed over 50,000 questions answered by users: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php This was a coding effort worth while and I'm pleased to see so many people enjoying it in such a short time since it was released... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)