Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mailx commannd - Mail and Attachment in same mail Post 302169913 by sharif on Saturday 23rd of February 2008 02:23:39 AM
Old 02-23-2008
mailx commannd - Mail and Attachment in same mail

Hi ,
I am using mailx command for sending the mails. Rightnow I am sending the attachment (by using uuencode $filename) as a seperate mail.I wanna send the attachment also with the same mail.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail or mailx attachment

I have used the forum to determine the format required to send attachments from hp-ux 11. the problem I have is that using mailx does not attach the file, but subsititing mailx for mail on the command line attaches the file but i'm not able to specify a subject? The attachment has been convert... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brettmartin99
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Mailx command to send mail with attachment

Hi, I am using mailx command to send a mail with attachment. It's working fine, but with attachment I am getting one extra attachment like (ATT00131.txt). I have tried to use unix2dos command also. But still I am getting the extra attachment. I am using the following code: subject="temp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanatharv
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail attachment with unix mail

Hi Could someone help me with the details on how to send an attachment through mail in unix. I have an html file in my unix machine and I want this to be send to some mail id, plese help with the steps. Regards Ajay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarboyana
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to send file as attachment using mail or mailx

I have a need to send a file from the unix command line to be sent as an attachment. Is this possible? That is when I open my outlook email I need to file to appear as an attachment. Also, is there a way to use the mail binary (not mailx) to modify the "reply address". mailx -r works but I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send attachment and body in one mail using mailx

Hi, Our requirement is to send an attachment and content in a single mail. I am using the below command to send attachement. --------------------- (uuencode $exp_file $exp_file) |mailx -s "$email_subject" $EmailRecipients -------------------- I m not able to send any message in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send the mail using mail and mailx command

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail from linux server but could'nt able to send the mail. I tried the below syntax's so far but no luck. mail -s “Hello world” abc@xyz.com < /usr/g/txt.log cat "txt.log" | mailx -s "Hello world" abc@xyz.com mailx -s “Hello world” abc@xyz.com <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
mail(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  mail(1B)

NAME
mail, Mail - interactive message processing system SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/mail ... /usr/ucb/Mail ... DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/mail and /usr/ucb/Mail are provided as links to /usr/bin/mailx. See mailx(1) for more information on the usage of these commands. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/ucb/mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ /usr/ucb/Mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailx(1),attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 19 Aug 1998 mail(1B)