Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text Manipulation.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text Manipulation. Post 302169734 by Klashxx on Friday 22nd of February 2008 09:03:31 AM
Old 02-22-2008
Another awk solution:
Code:
awk '{
keys[$1]++
time[$1,keys[$1]]=$NF
if ( NF > 2 )
   dat[$1,keys[$1]]=$2
}
END {
for ( it in keys )
   {
   for (i=1;i<=keys[it];i++)
       if ( i == 1 )
             printf("%s\n%s",it,it)
       else
          printf(" %s (%ds) ",dat[it,i],time[it,i]-time[it,1])
      printf("\n")
   } 
}' log_file
1JRkPs-0008m8-Fd
1JRkPs-0008m8-Fd domain.com (1s) abc.com (60s) 
1JRkaH-0009E0-VZ
1JRkaH-0009E0-VZ domain.co.uk (1s) 
1JRl66-000AOR-AZ
1JRl66-000AOR-AZ xyz.co.za (1s) 
1JRl5D-000AMD-22
1JRl5D-000AMD-22 123.com (1s)

Last edited by Klashxx; 02-22-2008 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: optimization

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation

I am tryin to figure out how to extract interested text from file example.txt blah blah blah a: child1 blah a: child2 blah b: parent1 blah blah blah .... blah a: child21 blah a: child22 blah a: child23 blah b: parent2 this kinda text repeats .. number of children is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkishore
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with text manipulation

Hi there, I have some text files in unix format that processed by a program in windows, and when I open them with less or vi in linux, a warn for opening binary file is prompted, and as shown in vi, between every two characters there was inserted a "^@". How can I fix this. Plus, there are over... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dustinwang2003
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Manipulation

Greetings. Iīm a biologist and I donīt have mucho knowledge on Unix/Linux, but I need to use Cygwin to change some documents from a GenBank format to a FASTA format. GenBank format goes somthing like this: LOCUS NM_013964 2568 bp mRNA linear PRI 26-APR-2009... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanesa1230
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Text manipulation... [HELP]

I need to know how can I remove all word after comma on each line. Like: jjkj,iiuiui,ijlkjkij,ookoo kijljlj,jhhkj,ijijkijkj,oijkijj kjkljlkj,kjkjlkjlkj,opok,okop to jjkj, kijljlj, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slutb3
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation help

Hello again unix.com How can I extract from a large file in format: steve@aol.com steve hawkins Location of this member is bla bla bla sun@hotmail.com Sun Ying This member is using browser bla bla bla to another text in format: steve@aol.com steve hawkins sun@hotmail.com sun ying ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Manipulation Help

Hello Unix.com, I have a text in format: john sara lee How can I make it: john:john john:john1 john:john12 john:john123 sara:sara sara:sara12 sara:sara123 and so on (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text manipulation help

Hello unix.com users, I have a ip file (line-by-line). How can I delete the ips that keep repeating by mark XXX.XXX.XXX.* ... I want to erase only the lines that keep repeating more than 2 times. Example: 1.2.3.1 1.2.3.2 1.2.3.3 I want to erase all ips blocks that are repeating by C... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text manipulation

i want to generate a list line-by-line of normal characters using letters . for example : dnds gnos mgod pets jnfp etc... i want to use all letters with all the posibilities is there a script that can do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suppliernr1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation help

Hello again, I have a problem manipulating a large text document and there is no way I could edit this document by hand. Format is: Address : XXXX N 37 Ave, Hollywood, FL, 33021 Phone: XXX3190XXX Player: XXXXXX Character: Jaramillo DOB: June-14-1995 ----- Name: Alexandra Ticket... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help text manipulation

Hello Forum , I need a help about text manupulation. I have a text file and I have to manipulate this file. Let's say source.txt source.txt UNB+UNOC:3+O0013000005MAN MN RVS:91+0098006688:92+190304:2313+F004169241' UNH+8146848+DELJIT:D:96A:UN' BGM+307:::JIS_SYNCRO_FIRM+2019030423234101+9'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cemokam65
8 Replies
k5srvutil(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     k5srvutil(1M)

NAME
k5srvutil - host key table (keytab) manipulation utility SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/k5srvutil operation [-ik] [-f filename] DESCRIPTION
The k5srvutil command allows a system manager to list or change keys currently in his keytab or to add new keys to the keytab. The operand operation must be one of the following: list Lists the keys in a keytab, showing version number and principal name. change Changes all the keys in the keytab to new randomly-generated keys, updating the keys in the Kerberos server's database to match those by using the kadmin protocol. If a key's version number does not match the version number stored in the Kerberos server's database, the operation fails. The old keys are retained so that existing tickets continue to work. If the -i flag is specified, k5srvutil prompts for yes or no before changing each key. If the -k option is used, the old and new keys are displayed. delold Deletes keys that are not the most recent version from the keytab. This operation should be used at some point after a change operation to remove old keys. If the -i flag is specified, k5srvutil asks the user whether the old keys associated with each principal should be removed. delete Deletes particular keys in the keytab, interactively prompting for each key. In all cases, the default keytab file is /etc/krb5.keytab file unless this is overridden by the -f option. k5srvutil uses the kadmin(1M) program to edit the keytab in place. However, old keys are retained, so they are available in case of fail- ure. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f filename Specify a keytab file other than the default file, /etc/krb5.keytab. -i Prompts user before changing keys when using the change or delold operands. -k Displays old and new keys when using the change operand. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ktutil(1), kadmin(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Aug 2006 k5srvutil(1M)