Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Unix screen cmd effecting Vi editor Post 302169680 by rikxik on Friday 22nd of February 2008 04:09:20 AM
Old 02-22-2008
This is not a scripting question. I think you better chance googling or posting on the screen users mailing list.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get only a few lines from a unix cmd

I'd like to get only the first 5 lines of the ls -lt command, i tried to pass to head as a file ip but didnt work, is there any other way to do it. I am trying to find the lates log files for the last 5 days. what i tried head -5 < ls -lt alog* Thanks. -d (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharma
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix cmd

Hi i want a shell script to get the date which is mentioned in the first line of a file. file format is: #EOD rates on 20050228 at 22:06:37 -------- -------- ------- first line length is always fixed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail, EOL not effecting

Hello, I am using the following script to read some log and then contruct my email for notification. When I run this on my test server, i am getting the output as below, But when I move to another server, the EOL seems to not affect, should I use some setting so the output is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cv_pan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining many lines to one using awk or any unix cmd

Combining many lines to one using awk or any unix cmd Inputfile: Output : Appreciate help on this. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
14 Replies

5. Programming

Storing the output of a Unix cmd in my C program

Hello experts, How can I retrieve the output from a Unix command and use it as string variable in my C program? For example, when I issue the command 'date' I get: Tue Jun 11 09:54:16 EEST 2009 I do not want to redirect the output of the command to a file and then open the file from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goseib
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

C++ IDE and/or Text editor with split screen

I'm looking for a c++ IDE and/or Text editor with split screen abilities like what you see below with notepad ++. Having the ability to split your screen is very helpful when comparing code. http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/COKEDUDEUSF/Split_Screen.jpg ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change unix cmd display prompt?

I am new to to unix and I want to make my own basic shell. What is the code I can use to change the unix cmd console display? For example my unix display prompt says MyCompterName~, I want it to say WhatEverMan~ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: megaearth77
3 Replies

9. AIX

UNIX cmd to check for non expiry type password

Hi, Here's the version of unix that we are working on. > uname -a AIX yyyyyyyy 1 6 00F613E24C00 @:on(cluster303)/iishomea/kmani00-> i have application id: aaabbb Now i need to check whether the password for the application id set to non expiry type or not. Moreover, with that unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies
BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)					     MIT X11R4						  BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)

Name
       BlackPixelOfScreen, WhitePixelOfScreen, CellsOfScreen, DefaultColormapOfScreen, DefaultDepthOfScreen, DefaultGCOfScreen, DefaultVisualOf-
       Screen, DoesBackingStore, DoesSaveUnders, DisplayOfScreen, XScreenNumberOfScreen, EventMaskOfScreen, HeightOfScreen, HeightMMOfScreen, Max-
       CmapsOfScreen, MinCmapsOfScreen, PlanesOfScreen, RootWindowOfScreen, WidthOfScreen, WidthMMOfScreen - screen information functions and
       macros

Syntax
       BlackPixelOfScreen(screen)

WhitePixelOfScreen(screen)

CellsOfScreen(screen)

DefaultColormapOfScreen(screen)

DefaultDepthOfScreen(screen)

DefaultGCOfScreen(screen)

DefaultVisualOfScreen(screen)

DoesBackingStore(screen)

DoesSaveUnders(screen)

DisplayOfScreen(screen)

int XScreenNumberOfScreen(screen)
	  Screen *screen;

EventMaskOfScreen(screen)

HeightOfScreen(screen)

HeightMMOfScreen(screen)

MaxCmapsOfScreen(screen)

MinCmapsOfScreen(screen)

PlanesOfScreen(screen)

RootWindowOfScreen(screen)

WidthOfScreen(screen)

WidthMMOfScreen(screen)

Arguments
       screen	 Specifies a pointer to the appropriate structure.

Description
       The macro returns the black pixel value of the specified screen.

The macro returns the white pixel value of the specified screen.

The macro returns the number of colormap cells in the default colormap of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default colormap of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default depth of the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default GC of the specified screen, which has the same depth as the root window of the screen.

The macro returns the default visual of the specified screen.

The macro returns or which indicate whether the screen supports backing stores.

The macro returns a Boolean value indicating whether the screen supports save unders.

The macro returns the display of the specified screen.

The function returns the screen index number of the specified screen.

The macro returns the root event mask of the root window for the specified screen at connection setup.

The macro returns the height of the specified screen.

The macro returns the height of the specified screen in millimeters.

The macro returns the maximum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen.

The macro returns the minimum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen.

The macro returns the number of planes in the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the width of the specified screen.

The macro returns the width of the specified screen in millimeters.

See Also
       AllPlanes(3X11), ImageByteOrder(3X11), IsCursorKey(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)