Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Directorie listing in Human form for data sizes Post 302169578 by JUSSAN007 on Thursday 21st of February 2008 03:49:03 PM
Old 02-21-2008
Question Directorie listing in Human form for data sizes

I have seen it done at my job before, there is a command that will make a notepad and show the directorie path, subfolders, and size of the subfolders? But i dont want it to go lower than 2 levels for example:

folder_01 10 GB
subfolder_02 10 GB
subfolder_03 10 GB
folder_02 10 GB
subfolder_02 10 GB
subfolder_03 10 GB
folder_03 10 GB
subfolder_02 10 GB
subfolder_03 10 GB

Does anyone have any idea on how to do this type of command and have it put into a .TXT file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

data form

I am user Of linux 9.0 Operating System and I had data form unix Operating system and I am not abel to open it in linux 9.0 Please tell me how can i use unix data in linux . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsh_guru
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I split a 10GB file into 1 GB sizes using my repeating data pattern

I'm not a unix guy so excuses my ignorance... I'm the database ETL guy. I'm trying to be proactive and devise a plan B for a ETL process where I expect a file 10X larger than what I process daily for a recast job. The ETL may handle it but I just don't know. This file may need to be split... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john091
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Human readable sizes in Solaris bdf

hay every body i need script like bdf -h in hp-ux there is no option like solaris df -h it is only bdf -k so i need the output with GBytes (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Posting data to a form using curl

Hello all. I have an incredible number of servers that I need to change a parameter on using a web interface. I'd like to be able to do this via curl, but I'm having some trouble. I filled out the form and hit update while snooping (tcpdump) my interface. That gave the the following as what is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

5. Programming

help with data type sizes

i'm using a C program and running it on a linux server, i got 2 adressess of 2 variables, and 2 addresses of 2 chars, and compared it. and got the size of a int and the size of a char. why is a size of a int (4 bytes) bigger then the size of a char (1 byte)? also if i do &a-&b i get 1, but if i... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
30 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Directories with their sizes in human readable format

Hi, I want to list all the directories present in a particular location and want to display their sizes as well. I know "ls -lh" but it doesn't show the size of the complete directory. So i want something like dir1 266 MB dir2 2 KB dir3 22 MB ... ... file1 10 Kb ..... Thanks Sarbjit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data into tabular form

Hi I am having a file which is required to be presented in the under-noted output form. Please suggest. Input: Kapil: apple 4 banana 6 cherry 0 Manoj: apple 13 banana cheery 2 Output: apple banana cherry Kapil: 4 6 0 Manoj: 13 2 Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing Files and Sizes on FTP server

Need assistance in getting File size for the List of files using perl script . I have writtern 2 codes. One of them gives me the list of files and 2nd one give me the size for only 1 file. I dont know how to club both of them to get the list of files with its size . #!/usr/bin/perl -w... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting data in table form

Hi, I have a csv file from which i am fetching few columns as below: IFILE=/home/home1/Report1.csv OFILE=/home/home1/`date +"%m%d%y%H%M%S"`.dat if #Checks if file exists and readable then awk -F "," '(NR>4) {print $1,$6,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6}' ${IFILE} >> ${OFILE} fi cat $OFILE | mail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies
PSERVER(1)							      pserver								PSERVER(1)

NAME
pserver - NetWare print server SYNOPSIS
pserver [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job type ] [ -t timeout ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
pserver is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and feeds incoming print jobs to the Linux printing system. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command When a job is received from the print queue, pserver forks off a new process, and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is executed for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job type Each job in a NetWare print queue has a job type. For print jobs, this corresponds to the number of the form the job should be printed on. You can tell pserver that it should only receive jobs for one specific form from the queue. The default is -1, which means that everything is received. -t timeout Pserver is not informed by NetWare servers when new jobs arrive. So a polling scheme has to be used. When there are no jobs to service, timeout tells pserver how long to wait between two requests. The default is 30 seconds. When a job is finished, pserver asks the NetWare server immediately for a new job, and does not wait timeout seconds. -d Normally, pserver daemonizes itself. -d tells it not to do so. This is useful if you want to see the diagnostic messages that are printed when a error occurs. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pserver was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pserver 10/22/1996 PSERVER(1)