Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enable hpet support in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Enable hpet support in unix Post 302169458 by KAKAMOMO on Thursday 21st of February 2008 11:03:15 AM
Old 02-21-2008
Enable hpet support in unix

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a machine, the BIOS doesn't offer a choice to enable/disable HPET, I know in Linux, the hpet.c file can be modified to turn on and off the hpet, I am looking for a way to do this in UNIX as well. Is there already code existed for the modification? If not can someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable php & java support in apache

Hello guys, I am in desperate need for this information: I have an apache server running on linux (suse 8.1) I am unable to run php or java code on it, and I wonder what is wrong. for the php case, the browser asks me how he should treat the file, namely download it to my local drive or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bionicfysh
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Support?

If the strength of Unix based operating systems such as Linux and Red Hat are based on the fact that they are open-source. Who will provide support for personal computers or average users that uses these operating systems. Wouldn't the absence of some structured and formal support system inhibit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
8 Replies

3. SuSE

How do I enable 3D support and change the bass and treble in SuSE 9.2?

I have a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro gfx card and was trying to figure out how to enable 3d support in linux. I had downloaded the ATI driver before and installed it and I ended up having to reinstall linux because it told me I was supposed to do something to some file that I didn't do so it restarted and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to enable a disabled Unix account on HP-UX

I am very new to Unix. We have a Unix user account that was disabled due to multiple tries with an invalid password. How to enable the account? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kajap
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processors that support Unix

Hello all! My boss wants we to learn a little bit of Unix in the next couple of months so I can broaden my opportunities. What processors will Unix run on? Intel... AMD32.... AMD64... Help Please. I need to build a computer that can support Unix to begin learning. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkypro7
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX support calls

Does anyone know some support issues on unix? I've worked on unix for years at the lower end and the only support I've done is reset print queues, send jobs to printer, kill phantom processes. I'm looking for a new job and I'm curious as to what other problems occur so I can research them. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moodswingz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular user - enable printer - aix unix

how can I let a regular user enable a printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naes
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable a shell to collect data from unix, return to windows

hi I am very new to UNIX. I need to retrieve data from a unix system and store it and display as output on a windows system. Initiation of procedure is through JAVASCRIPT-based buttons on a HTML page. This should cause a set of commands to run which colllect data from a unix based server and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rossalyn_maxter
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To enable sqlplus for a user in unix

Hi I added a new user using root... now i need to enable sqlplus for that particular user... when i give sqlplus schemaname/pwd it gives $ sqlplus -bash: sqlplus: command not found PFB the OS am using $ uname -a Linux gs-portal-04 2.4.21-57.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Apr 23... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whiteboard
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

kernel panic - Failed back to HPET

Hello, I have a problem in my server: HP ProLiant DL580 G5 My OS is REDHAT 4.6 I have an error when I start the server: Badness in do_unblank_screen at drivers/char/vt.c:2878 ... Your time source seems to be instable or some driver is hogging interupts rip __smp_call_function +... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markke
1 Replies
sharing(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						sharing(8)

NAME
sharing -- create share points for afp and smb services. SYNOPSIS
sharing [-a <path> [options]] [-e <share point name> [options]] [-r <share point name>] [-l] DESCRIPTION
A list of flags and their descriptions: -a <path> Add a new share point for the directory specified by <path>. -e <share point name> Edit the share point record specified by <share point name>. -r <share point name> Delete the share point record specified by <share point name>. -l List all existing share point records. The following options modify share point record attributes: -A <afp name> Use customized name <afp name> when using share point with afp. -S <smb name> Use customized name <smb name> when using share points with smb. -s <flags> Use this option to enable and disable sharing via afp and smb. By default a share point is enabled for afp and smb protocols. To enable and disable particular services, combine (binary AND) the following flags as required: 100 (enable sharing for afp) and 001 (enable sharing for smb). Specify 000 to turn off sharing of a share point altogether. -g <guest flag> Use this option to enable and disable guest access for afp and smb. By default guest access is enabled for afp and smb. To enable and disable guest access to particular services, combine (binary AND) the following flags as required: 100 (enable guest for afp) and 001 (enable guest for smb). Specify 000 to turn off guest access for a share point altogether. -i <inherit privileges flag> Use this option to enable and disable the "inherit privileges" attribute for afp. By default "inherit privileges" is enabled for afp. To enable "inherit privileges", combine (binary AND) the following flags as required: 10 ("inherit privileges" for afp). Specify 00 to turn off "inherit privileges" for a share point altogether. -n <customized record name> Specify a <customized record name> to be used as the share point record name. By default the record name is the name of the direc- tory pointed to by the share point record. This directory is specified by the <path> when the record is created. EXAMPLES
/usr/sbin/sharing -a /SomePath/ShareThisDirectory This example shows how to create a share point for the directory "/SomePath/ShareThisDirectory": /usr/sbin/sharing -e ShareThisDirectory -A SP1 -g 101 This example shows how to edit the share point record created above, adding a customized name "SP1" for afp servies, and enabling guest access only for afp and smb. FILES
/usr/sbin/sharing location of tool macOS June 1, 2019 macOS