Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: quick sed help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting quick sed help Post 302169177 by katrvu on Wednesday 20th of February 2008 02:04:08 PM
Old 02-20-2008
quick sed help

what's the code for delete everything before [ for every line in a file?
Thank you so much
yoyoyo [hello]
sssss [hello]
asdf [hello]
become:
[hello]
[hello]
[hello]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a quick SED question

I have a line EXTDIR=`echo $i | sed 's/\-tar.gz//'` which looks for files ending in -tar.gz, i would like to increase the functionality so that it looks for .tar.gz files as well as -tar.gz. Do i put the - in square brackets with a dot ? like this EXTDIR=`echo $i | sed 's/\tar.gz//'` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick sed question

hey, Im just wondering is there away to get sed to read from a variable eg it doesn't seem to work, i really need to be able to recursively change the same data set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick one

Hallo friends, I have a log file called xxx.log which is generated everymorning. I want to change this file to xxx_.log Please assist, i am using ksh on AIX. Ta, Pax (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't figure this out? Quick help with sed

I am trying to delete everything in the parenthesis(including the parenthesis) in this text: Wind: from the WNW (290 degrees) at 6 MPH (5 KT) Pressure (altimeter): 29.82 in. Hg (1009 hPa) Temperature: 80.1 F (26.7 C) Dew Point: 72.0 F (22.2 C) Relative Humidity: 76% Trying to make it look... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmoore4321
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick Question on sed command in shell script

Hello, I have the following line in one of my shell scripts. It works fine when the search string($SERACH_STR) exists in the logfile($ALERTLOG) but if the search string does not exist this line errors out at run time. Is there a way to make this line return 0 if it is not able to find the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick Sed Question

Just want to know why when I do the following in sed, the required is not extracted. echo "ab01cde234" | sed 's/*$//' result: ab01cde (Which is correct) echo "ab01cde234" |sed 's/.*\(*\)$/\1/' result: blank (was expecting 234) or echo "ab01cde234" |sed 's/.*\(\)*$/\1/' result: blank... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick sed/awk question

Hi fellow linux-ers, I have a quick question for you. I have the following text, which I would like to modify: 10 121E(121) 16 Jan 34S 132E 24 Feb 42 176E(176) 18 Sep 21S 164E 25 May 15 171W(-171) 09 Jul How can I do the following 2 modifications using sed and/or awk? 1. in 1st column,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucshi09
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

README: Factorial quick chart with sed & bc:

Hi all, While doing some checks I found a kind of interesting arithmetic factorial chart with sed, sharing this may be simple but thought to share, # n=20;for i in `seq $n`;do printf "`seq $i|xargs|sed 's/ /*/g'`= ";echo "`seq $i|xargs|sed 's/ /*/g'`"| bc;done 1= 1 1*2= 2 1*2*3= 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Quick help on Understanding sed Regex

Hi Guys, Could you please kindly explain what exactly the below SED command will do ? I am quite confused and i assumed that, sed 's/*$/ /' 1. It will remove tab and extra spaces .. with single space. The issue is if it is removing tab then it should be Î right .. please assist.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
3 Replies
IMPRESSIVE-GETTRANSITIONS(1)				      Debian GNU/Linux manual				      IMPRESSIVE-GETTRANSITIONS(1)

NAME
impressive-gettransitions - Generate Impressive info scripts for LaTeX presentations SYNOPSIS
impressive-gettransitions FILE.tex DESCRIPTION
A simple script to produce a .info file for use with Impressive, using special comments in a LaTeX/Beamer file. FILE.tex is a file to be parsed into .info file. For each /fullpath/blah.tex /fullpath/blah.pdf.info gets produced. SYNTAX
In the LaTeX document, impressive-gettransitions counts the pages to determine the PDF slide number of each one. The simpler page changes are automatically detected, that is: egin{frame} and: pause Other, more elaborated page changes must be noted with a %O comment: item<1-> Foo item<2-> Bar %O The transition to apply can be specified in a %O comment: egin{frame} %O SlideUp OPERATION
When the .info file corresponding to the LaTeX document already exist, impressive-gettransitions does not clear it, but only adds the transitions if finds to it. Thus, if you modified your document in a way that requires to completely replace the transitions, manually clear the PageProps section of the .info file. This can be done by running the following sed command: sed -i -e "/^PageProps = {/,/^}/d" FILE.info SEE ALSO
impressive(1) AUTHOR
impressive-gettransitions (originally gettransitions) has been written by Rob Reid. This manpage has been originally written by Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>. Debian Project 2012-02-10 IMPRESSIVE-GETTRANSITIONS(1)