Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function Problem and CoreDump Post 302168803 by ZINGARO on Tuesday 19th of February 2008 01:26:32 PM
Old 02-19-2008
not work ..

I have the same error

the call WriteLog ""\tCAMPA\t\t CAMPB\tCAMPC""

or WriteLog "\tCAMPA\t\t CAMPB\tCAMPC"
return e error

if write BBB="\tCAMPA\t\t CAMPB\tCAMPC"

and call WriteLog $BBB

work correctly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

rexec() function problem

Hi folks, I'm trying to make a reconnection algorithm using rexec(), but I noticed that when rexec() fails returning -1, it is impossible to make it run successfully again until you restart the program or the thread. Example, I have a endless loop for connection retries, if I supply a wrong... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcmoreno
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL function problem

I have perl script as follow. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ #! /usr/bin/env perl use strict; sub printLines { print "Inside the function.............\n"; my (@file , $count , $key ) = $_; print $count , $ key ; #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avadhani
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Recursive function

Hi all, I have to move all the files in a tree directory structure to a single directory. Inorder to know which file is from which directory , i'll have to add the name of the directory to the file name. For this i wrote a recursive function which is as follows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malle
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with function script.

Need an extra set of eyes. Can't find function. Can someone help, please. Thanks echo " Is this the correct list of tapes to eject (y/n)?" read option echo $option case $option in y|Y) TAPE_ROUTINE;; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem, with if condition in function

Hi All, I have a function which reads parameter and gets the value from config file. The entry in the file can be either of two Name=value or Name=value so if the variant is not present it should return me the generic value ie Name without variant. I am first searching for variant in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

splice function problem

Hi All, I am using splice function in for loop to delete particular element from array with one condition. my $cnt=0; foreach my $elem (@result) { if (condition){ splice(@result, $cnt, 1);} else{ $cnt++;} } Now when in array, two elements comes sequentially with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentleDean
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Function Problem

Hi, I had a scripts which calls two function. One function will call another function, script is working fine but the second function is not calling the first function. Below is the script #!/usr/bin/ksh fun1() { echo $DATETIME >> Test1.ksh return 0 } fun2() { typeset DATETIME=`date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somu_june
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function problem

hey guys, im trying to learn bourne shell atm and I'm having some issues with functions. so heres my code: #!/bin/bash ##functions memory () { free -m } space () { df -h } ip () { (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawkfro12
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coredump when passing file name to ksh function

Hi, I'm playing with ksh. I'm trying to do a simple task: read file name from cli and call a function which calculated number of lines in file. I'm getting coredump every time when I try to read that file. Korn shell version $ print ${.sh.version} Version AJM 93u+ 2012-08-01 Main... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with (Understanding) function

I have this code #!/bin/bash LZ () { RETVAL="\n$(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S) --- " return RETVAL } echo -e $LZ"Test" sleep 3 echo -e $LZ"Test" which I want to use to make logentrys on my NAS. I expect of this code that there would be output like 2017-03-07_11-00-00 --- Test (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrois
4 Replies
PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3)

NAME
pcap_get_selectable_fd - get a file descriptor on which a select() can be done for a live capture SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_get_selectable_fd(pcap_t *p); DESCRIPTION
pcap_get_selectable_fd() returns, on UNIX, a file descriptor number for a file descriptor on which one can do a select() or poll() to wait for it to be possible to read packets without blocking, if such a descriptor exists, or -1, if no such descriptor exists. Some network devices opened with pcap_create() and pcap_activate(), or with pcap_open_live(), do not support select() or poll() (for example, regular network devices on FreeBSD 4.3 and 4.4, and Endace DAG devices), so -1 is returned for those devices. Note that on most versions of most BSDs (including Mac OS X) select() and poll() do not work correctly on BPF devices; pcap_get_selectable_fd() will return a file descriptor on most of those versions (the exceptions being FreeBSD 4.3 and 4.4), a simple select() or poll() will not return even after the read timeout expires. To work around this, an application that uses select() or poll() to wait for packets to arrive must put the pcap_t in non-blocking mode, and must arrange that the select() or poll() have a timeout less than or equal to the read timeout, and must try to read packets after that timeout expires, regardless of whether select() or poll() indi- cated that the file descriptor for the pcap_t is ready to be read or not. (That workaround will not work in FreeBSD 4.3 and later; how- ever, in FreeBSD 4.6 and later, select() and poll() work correctly on BPF devices, so the workaround isn't necessary, although it does no harm.) Note also that poll() doesn't work on character special files, including BPF devices, in Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5, so, while select() can be used on the descriptor returned by pcap_get_selectable_fd(), poll() cannot be used on it those versions of Mac OS X. Kqueues also don't work on that descriptor. poll(), but not kqueues, work on that descriptor in Mac OS X releases prior to 10.4; poll() and kqueues work on that descriptor in Mac OS X 10.6 and later. pcap_get_selectable_fd() is not available on Windows. RETURN VALUE
A selectable file descriptor is returned if one exists; otherwise, -1 is returned. SEE ALSO
pcap(3), select(2), poll(2) 5 April 2008 PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3)