Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need sybase sql command help
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need sybase sql command help Post 302168715 by ckmehta on Tuesday 19th of February 2008 08:11:04 AM
Old 02-19-2008
RE: Need sybase sql command help

I assume you are using ISQL to connect to Sybase. However, there is a much more feature-rich utility called SQSH (Sqsh Home Page ) that among many other things, also allows you to pipe SQL commands to unix utilities (including 'less' ).

Example:
sqsh -U<user> -P<password>
> sp_helpdb
> go | more

Also, if have any need for cross-DB-platform command-line access, you might want to check out a newer project called JSQSH (JDBC DB compliant SQSH) at SourceForge.net: jsqsh » home.

My org has had years of success w/ SQSH and we are about to look at JSQSH. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ms sql command reference

does somebody know where i can find command reference for mssql? i tried to search via google and it does help me that much. maybe someone can refer me a site. thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql insert command

Hi, sqlplus -s / <<EOF > /dev/null insert into table1 (a1, a2, a3) values ('a',1,'b'); commit; EOF in the above code can i pass the values to the insert command from shell script like this: insert into table1 (a1, a2, a3) values ('$a',$b,'$c'); If yes, how is it passed?? Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

3. Programming

Need help with complex SQL query (Sybase)

Hello, I have three tables. I need an SQL query (preferably Sybase) that will return all of the stringID values of table B where the following conditions exist: (1) B.intID = A.intID (2) B.intID != C.intID or (B.intID = C.intID and (C.v1 = 0 or C.v2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql command question

Hi, Table1 ====== Code1 Field1 Table2 ====== Code1 Field1 Would anyone be able to help me know what's the best sql command to delete the entry in Table1 if its Code1-Field1 combination is already existing in Table2. I used this one - delete from Table1 where Code1 in (select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell script with embedded Sybase SQL

Hi, I need a simple (as possible) Bourne shell script that takes an input file of adminID's and spits out a list of adminID's and related tradeID's. Both adminID and tradeID are columns in a Sybase database table called "trades", in which they have a one-to-one relationship. adminID is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
3 Replies

6. SuSE

my SQL Info command

Is there a command that will output all mysql details. eg. host name, port etc? Cheers Paul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Command in SQL LOADER

Which is the UNIX command to get the SQL Loader Help??:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesh sunil
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bcp command error in uploading data to Sybase

Hi All, I had an issue in executing bcp command to connect to Sybase from Unix script for uploading the data from file to table. I have a file called vrs_temp.txt (with two columns): 22055;20181001 21088;20181001 93840;20181001 30990;20181001 50990;20181001 50950;20181001Created a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suresh
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)