Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ftping a file based in the size Post 302168571 by vikas.rao11 on Tuesday 19th of February 2008 12:47:19 AM
Old 02-19-2008
can u please tell me how do i connect using ssh?? like in ftp , we use something like ftp <ip address>. How is this done in ssh?? i believe it has some options here for login and passwords. Please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail based on file size

Hi Friends, i am trying to write a shell script which will check for the logfile size. if the content of the logfile is wc -l >=1 then send mail with log file as attachment.else do nothing. i'm trying the below code can any one help on this if ] then (echo "`cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendragora
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size limit for FTPing file

Is there any size limit for FTPing file from one unix system to another? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: swarup2008
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a file based on the size-Urgent

Hi, I need unix code to check the size of a file. for example if the size of the file in A folder is more than 1BM, then i have to move that particular file in to B folder whenever I run that particular script. regards, Srinivas. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vysrinivas
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to move a file based on size

Hi All, I have some files in a directory. If the file size is 0 i want to move the file to new directory using unix script. Can anyone help me in this regard Thanks Vinny (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinny81
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a file based on size

hello, I am creating a script that is going to scan the contents of a directory, and if it finds a certain DocumentName that is a certain size (The example, DocumentName and a size of 8777) If this file exists, it needs to be moved to a directory for later removal/processing..anyone have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on size

Hi Friends, Below is my requirement. I have a file with the below structure. 0001A1.... 0001B1.. .... 0001L1 0002A1 0002B1 ...... 0002L1 .. the first 4 characters are the sequence numbers for a record, A record will start with A1 and end with L1 with same sequence number. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file based on pattern and size

Hello, I have a large file (2GB) that I would like to split based on pattern and size. I've used the following command to split the file (token is "HELLO") awk '/HELLO/{i++}{print > "file"i}' input.txt and the output is similar to the following (i included filesize in KB): 10 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on file size in Korn script

I need to split a file if it is over 2GB in size (or any size), preferably split on the lines. I have figured out how to get the file size using awk, and I can split the file based on the number of lines (which I got with wc -l) but I can't figure out how to connect them together in the script. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssemple2000
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the File based on Size

I have a file that is about 7 GB in size. The requirement is I should split the file equally in such a way that the size of the split files is less than 2Gb. If the file is less than 2gb, than nothing needs to be done. ( need to done using shell script) Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File Size Split up based on Month

Hi, I have a directory in Unix and there are folders available in the directory. Files are created on different month and now i have a requirement to calculate size of the folder on month basis. Is there any Unix command to check this please?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nivas
6 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)