Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Serial number
Operating Systems Solaris Serial number Post 302168548 by Smiling Dragon on Monday 18th of February 2008 11:03:43 PM
Old 02-19-2008
Another option is to talk to sun themselves - depending on your support contract, you are probably already supplying them with all the information on what servers you have and their serial numbers and hostnames.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

serial number for E3500

just wanted to know the serial number of my machine E3500 with Solaris 8 installed.Does any one who what's the command that i can use when the OS is running?( not with the Banner Command!) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tape Serial Number

Hello Experts, I've got a shell script that makes the backup of the files that i want. I also have this script showing the amount of files backed up and in witch folders they are. It's only missing one thing. I got all the information beeing stored in a text file and all i've got to do is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

3. AIX

how to find serial number

hi how to find ( server machine )serial number throught the command in AIX thanks for your replay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Display Serial Number

Hello, I am running Solaris 9 and I need to display the serial number of my machine. How can I do this? Here is my machine info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Thank you, David (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

5. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Anyone know how to get Serial number with 1 command?

Solaris8 Anyone help? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
27 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about bind serial number

Hello folks. Please let me understand the bind serial number. I am confuse. 13011321 ---------- Post updated at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ---------- Thanks problem is solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

8. AIX

How can AIX get the disk serial number?

Hi Everyone, lscfg will get the disk information by reading the VPD of that particular hdisk I have few doubts about how Aix works, please help me to get them clear 1) How can Aix gets the disk serial number after disk assign and cfgmgr 2) Newly added disk information was added to CuVPD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
2 Replies
LDATTACH(8)						       System Administration						       LDATTACH(8)

NAME
ldattach - attach a line discipline to a serial line SYNOPSIS
ldattach [-dhV78neo12] [-s speed] [-i iflag] ldisc device DESCRIPTION
The ldattach daemon opens the specified device file (which should refer to a serial device) and attaches the line discipline ldisc to it for processing of the sent and/or received data. It then goes into the background keeping the device open so that the line discipline stays loaded. The line discipline ldisc may be specified either by name or by number. In order to detach the line discipline, kill(1) the ldattach process. With no arguments, ldattach prints usage information. LINE DISCIPLINES
Depending on the kernel release, the following line disciplines are supported: TTY(0) The default line discipline, providing transparent operation (raw mode) as well as the habitual terminal line editing capabilities (cooked mode). SLIP(1) Serial Line IP (SLIP) protocol processor for transmitting TCP/IP packets over serial lines. MOUSE(2) Device driver for RS232 connected pointing devices (serial mice). PPP(3) Point to Point Protocol (PPP) processor for transmitting network packets over serial lines. STRIP(4) AX25(5) X25(6) Line driver for transmitting X.25 packets over asynchronous serial lines. 6PACK(7) R3964(9) Driver for Simatic R3964 module. IRDA(11) Linux IrDa (infrared data transmission) driver - see http://irda.sourceforge.net/ HDLC(13) Synchronous HDLC driver. SYNC_PPP(14) Synchronous PPP driver. HCI(15) Bluetooth HCI UART driver. GIGASET_M101(16) Driver for Siemens Gigaset M101 serial DECT adapter. PPS(18) Driver for serial line Pulse Per Second (PPS) source. OPTIONS
-d | --debug Causes ldattach to stay in the foreground so that it can be interrupted or debugged, and to print verbose messages about its progress to the standard error output. -h | --help Prints a usage message and exits. -V | --version Prints the program version. -s value | --speed value Set the speed of the serial line to the specified value. -7 | --sevenbits Sets the character size of the serial line to 7 bits. -8 | --eightbits Sets the character size of the serial line to 8 bits. -n | --noparity Sets the parity of the serial line to none. -e | --evenparity Sets the parity of the serial line to even. -o | --oddparity Sets the parity of the serial line to odd. -1 | --onestopbit Sets the number of stop bits of the serial line to one. -2 | --twostopbits Sets the number of stop bits of the serial line to two. -i value | --iflag [-]value{,...} Sets the specified bits in the c_iflag word of the serial line. Value may be a number or a symbolic name. If value is prefixed by a minus sign, clear the specified bits instead. Several comma separated values may be given in order to set and clear multiple bits. SEE ALSO
inputattach(1), ttys(4) AUTHOR
Tilman Schmidt (tilman@imap.cc) AVAILABILITY
The ldattach command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2010 LDATTACH(8)