Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copy and paste a specific line Post 302168276 by mohanpadamata on Monday 18th of February 2008 01:19:46 AM
Old 02-18-2008
Hi,

I think there is a fault in ur sed command. Plz tell me what is ur actula file content and what do u want finally as output?

mohan

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Cut, Copy and Paste with X

One of the things that I have learned to take for granted in the Win32 world is the cut, copy and paste hotkeys of ^X, ^C and ^V. I use these keys all the time under Win32 to copy and paste information from one GUI into another GUI. My question is, does X have a similiar standard? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: auswipe
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut, copy + paste

Hi all! How do I cut, copy and paste under unix??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitor314
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy and paste line in shell script

Hi I want to grep for a line and copy and paste that line. for Example ---- file abc.txt ---- host=atlx1 sid=atld1 mail=abc@abc.com host=atlx2 sid=atld2 mail=xyz@abc.com host=atlx3 sid=atld3 mail=def@abc.com host=atlx4 sid=atld4 mail=mno@abc.com --- end of file abc.txt ---- Now I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: upsrk
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi copy/paste problem

I'm having a problem copy/pasting from a txt file in windows to vi. What happens is I copy a chunk of text, go to the putty terminal, go into insert mode, and right click, and it will stop pasting at a random point and freeze up. Nothing I do gets out of it. This only happens on my account... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solidarity
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line

How would you do vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line. I know yy copies the whole line and p pastes the whole line, but on its own separate line. Sometimes I would like to copy a line to the beginning, middle, or end of another line. I would think this would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy some line and paste it after some line in same file

Hi, I want to know how I can copy line 6th to 10th and paste it after 17th line in same file. Thanks, Biplab (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Biplab
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy n paste n times

I have one mainframe copy book where I want to copy n times depend on occurs which mention below. Example: Below highlighted row mention “occurs 2 times” so I need to copy 2 times till next label 10. C14992 10 FILLER PIC X(2835). 01 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivalli
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy/paste in vi editor

Hello guys, I am trying to copy a line in vi editor and paste it with below commands but paste command is not working and instead of paste action prints the p character!! I should also mention that the server is Solaris... 1) crontab -e 2) j to move down 3) yy to copy the line 4) o to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newman
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string in a file and paste next line in a specific way

Hello, I know there are many questions and replies regarding grep command. What I would like to do is a bit different. File A: hello world welcome to my page this is my test site how are you I am fine, thank you where have you been I was in hospital really hope you are fine now Thanks,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
10 Replies
SOAP::Fault(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SOAP::Fault(3)

NAME
SOAP::Fault - encapsulates SOAP faults prior to their serialization or after their deserialization DESCRIPTION
This class encapsulates SOAP faults prior to their serialization or after their deserialization. The methods available are a constructor and four accessors. Each accessor creates an object on demand, just as the other classes do, when called as a static method. Like other accessors in the SOAP::Lite package, they return the object itself when setting the attribute. GENERATING A SOAP FAULT
To generate a SOAP Fault simply issue a Perl die command on the server side as you might normally. The SOAP processor will intercept the die command and return a SOAP Fault, using the string passed to the die command as the faultstring, to the client making the call. If you require having more control over the SOAP Fault returned to the client, then simply pass a SOAP::Fault object to the die command and the SOAP processor will behave accordingly. For example: die SOAP::Fault->faultcode('Server.Custom') # will be qualified ->faultstring('Died in server method') ->faultdetail(bless {code => 1} => 'BadError') ->faultactor('http://www.soaplite.com/custom'); METHODS
new(optional data) $fault = SOAP::Fault->new(faultcode => 'Server'); Explicitly creates a new SOAP::Fault object. Any of the four attributes represented next by accessor methods may be passed in the argument list with values immediately following their attribute name. faultcode(optional value) $fault->faultcode('MethodUnknown'); Returns the current fault code or sets it if a value is given. faultstring(optional value) $fault->faultstring("There is no $method here"); Returns or sets the fault string. faultactor(optional value) $fault->faultcode($header->actor); Returns or sets the fault-actor element. Note that the actor isn't always required in a SOAP fault. faultdetail(optional value) $fault->faultcode(bless { proxy => $ip }, 'Err'); Returns or sets the fault's detail element. Like the actor, this isn't always a required element. Note that fault detail content in a message is represented as tag blocks. Thus, the values passed to this accessor when setting the value are either SOAP::Data objects, or more general blessed hash references. In addition to these methods, the SOAP::Fault package also provides detail as an alias for faultdetail. The former is the actual name of the element with SOAP faults, but the latter name is less ambiguous when regarded with the rest of the SOAP::Lite package. Objects of this class also have a special stringification enabled. If an object is printed or otherwise stringified, the value produced is faultcode: faultstring, with the attribute values of the object. SEE ALSO
SOAP::Data, SOAP::Header, SOAP::SOM ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Special thanks to O'Reilly publishing which has graciously allowed SOAP::Lite to republish and redistribute large excerpts from Programming Web Services with Perl, mainly the SOAP::Lite reference found in Appendix B. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Paul Kulchenko. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHORS
Paul Kulchenko (paulclinger@yahoo.com) Randy J. Ray (rjray@blackperl.com) Byrne Reese (byrne@majordojo.com) perl v5.12.1 2008-03-15 SOAP::Fault(3)