Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I verify the integrity of a package? And how do I configure yum to add a site Post 302168203 by 3junior on Sunday 17th of February 2008 02:07:42 PM
Old 02-17-2008
How do I verify the integrity of a package?

How do I verify the integrity of a package? And how do I configure yum to add a site

Last edited by 3junior; 02-17-2008 at 09:03 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

How to configure YUM in RHEL 4.0

Hi guys Can anyone assist me how to configure YUM in RHEL4.0. and from where i can get the YUM package for RHEL4.0. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Remote installation of rpm package (Using YUM)

Hi, I have configured YUM repository on a server and we have 10 linux machine (clients). Is there any way we can install a package on all the 10 machines from YUM repository server? Please help me. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

Configure yum repository

how to configure yum server to get rpms from any repository or redhat repo. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leganti
4 Replies

4. Linux

Difference in binary file sizes after deploying package via yum/rpm

Hi Guys, I have an issue whereby I package up an rpm and when I deploy it, the binary filesizes differ from what I packaged up from the SOURCE directory. from source - -rwxrwxr-x 1 user group 685156 Sep 26 15:50 cybAgent.bin after install - -rwxr-xr-x 1 user group 683388 Oct 16 11:10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Yum repository linking to ftp site of Redhat

I have a query that does Redhat have the link to the yum repository on its FTP site. In my environment, I have the file rhel-debuginfo.repo which has - baseurl=ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/Debuginfo. I hope, my question is clear that is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Red Hat 6 yum install no package availiable

I have installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 server, it is registered but not subscribed. If I install using yum every time it is showing that no package available, how to resolve it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to configure DNS using BIND package in Oracle Linux 6.6

Version: Oracle Linux 6.6 I am trying to set up DNS for forward and reverse lookups. I am new to BIND package. I have installed the following packages. bind (includes DNS server, named) bind-utils (utilities for querying DNS servers about host information) bind-libs (libraries... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Centos - prevent yum update from breaking package configurations

i recently run on a centos server and this replaced the current config files with a new one. this happened with but i think it can happen with other packages as well. please advise how such issues can be prevented from happening again. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-to verify if my package installed successfully

Can you please let me know how can i verify /check inside the script if the below to package installation commands are successful or if they failed for any reasons? 1. pkgadd -a $INSTP/install/dadmin -d $INSTP/install/apachesrv.pkg 2. pkgadd -a $INSTP/install/dadmin -d... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

configure library package for --host architecture

I am trying to decode "configure" script for "bluez" package as far as how are "configure" options for cross-compiling passed to libtoool or GCC to build C++ library. As far as I can tell the "configure" triplet analysis (case) has no options to analyze anything with "linux" in it ,therefore... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anne
5 Replies
YUM-CHANGELOG(1)						   User Manuals 						  YUM-CHANGELOG(1)

NAME
yum-changelog SYNOPSIS
The yum-changelog package DESCRIPTION
yum-changelog(1) is a Yum plugin for viewing package changelogs before/after updating. yum will invoke yum-changelog(1) plugin if the --changelog option or the changelog command is used with yum. OPTIONS
--changelog Show changelog delta of updated packages COMMANDS
changelog Show changelog data of packages listed (same format as the list command). The first argument is required and is either "all" for all the changelog entries, a date for the changelog entries since a specified point in time or a number for a given number of changelog entries. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/changelog.conf The system wide configuration file. See yum-changelog.conf(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
# yum changelog 2008-Jan yum* Listing changelogs since: 2008-01-18 yum-versionlock-1.1.11-1.fc8.noarch installed * Wed Jan 30 17:00:00 2008 Tim Lauridsen <timlau@fedoraproject.org> - mark as 1.1.11 changelog stats. 33 pkgs, 12 source pkgs, 1 changelog # yum update ktechlab --changelog Loading "changelog" plugin Setting up Update Process Setting up repositories [..] Resolving Dependencies --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait. ---> Package ktechlab.i386 0:0.3-6 set to be updated --> Running transaction check Changes in packages about to be updated: ktechlab - 0.3-6.i386 * Wed Nov 22 23:00:00 2006 Chitlesh Goorah - 0.3-6 - Rebuilt due to new gpsim-devel release BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. AVAILABILITY
yum-changelog is available via: # yum install yum-changelog AUTHORS
Chitlesh Goorah <chitlesh@fedoraproject.org> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@laiskiainen.org> James Antill <james@and.org> SEE ALSO
yum(1) 08 February 2007 YUM-CHANGELOG(1)