Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.5 how do I copy HD.?? Post 302168152 by liangyx on Sunday 17th of February 2008 09:57:41 AM
Old 02-17-2008
You can add the new SCSI HD ,and use "make hd " to add into new kernel.
at last ,use " dd if=/dev/hdxx of=/dev/hdxx " to clone the first SCSI HD.

If you do not how to do it,you can cantact my MSN :sco123456@hotmail.com

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote file copy across 2 systems (AIX and SCO)

Hello, Pls i need to copy some data from AIX Unix 4.3 to a SCO Openserve 5.0.5 using rcp command. But i keep on having permission error. WHAT IS THE SOLTION OR WHAT COMMAND CAN I USE AGAIN (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aji
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

download copy of UNIX, SOLARIS, SCO, anything?

Hi All, I'm a UNIX Newbie, yes, I hate to say it. I'm decent enough though on LINUX box. But of course, it's not the same! Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the UNIX network operating system, that I can install on one of my boxes? I'd very much appreciate all suggestions. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaredsNew
2 Replies

3. SCO

Copy files to a USB stick SCO 5.07?

SCO 5.07: How do I copy files to a USB memory stick? The stick is formatted as a hd and has an active Unix partition using the hole stick for Unix. How do I get acces to the stick? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pschnell
1 Replies

4. SCO

Problem with sco unix 5.0.5 and copy disk

Hi, i'm from Argetina and my english is very poor. I'm trying to copy disk with sco unix 5.0.5 -60Gb IDE Disk- (7476, 255, 63) to other disk -IDE 80Gb- and g4u v2.3. After the copy, i'm trying the 80Gb disk and the roblem is the partition /u/disco is empty. Note: /u/disco is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebpes
0 Replies

5. SCO

Sco unix 5.0 copy file to pen drive

I have a server unix Sco 5.0 and copy some backup files to flopy drive using command "Tar", but i like copy this files to pen drive, is possible ? my know about Sco is less. Tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger2112
1 Replies
ATA_SCSI_TRANSLATE(9)					  libata SCSI translation/emulat				     ATA_SCSI_TRANSLATE(9)

NAME
ata_scsi_translate - Translate then issue SCSI command to ATA device SYNOPSIS
int ata_scsi_translate(struct ata_device * dev, struct scsi_cmnd * cmd, void (*done) (struct scsi_cmnd *), ata_xlat_func_t xlat_func); ARGUMENTS
dev ATA device to which the command is addressed cmd SCSI command to execute done SCSI command completion function xlat_func Actor which translates cmd to an ATA taskfile DESCRIPTION
Our ->queuecommand function has decided that the SCSI command issued can be directly translated into an ATA command, rather than handled internally. This function sets up an ata_queued_cmd structure for the SCSI command, and sends that ata_queued_cmd to the hardware. The xlat_func argument (actor) returns 0 if ready to execute ATA command, else 1 to finish translation. If 1 is returned then cmd->result (and possibly cmd->sense_buffer) are assumed to be set reflecting an error condition or clean (early) termination. LOCKING
spin_lock_irqsave(host lock) RETURNS
0 on success, SCSI_ML_QUEUE_DEVICE_BUSY if the command needs to be deferred. AUTHOR
Jeff Garzik Author. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 ATA_SCSI_TRANSLATE(9)