Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO System restarting itself every after 20-24 hours Post 302168112 by munirh on Sunday 17th of February 2008 04:00:53 AM
Old 02-17-2008
System restarting itself every after 20-24 hours

HI
We have Compaq ML350 G2 server with UNIX SCO 5.0.5 OS , can anyone help us to get rid about the system restarting problem by itself every after2-24 hours with following error " MEMORY CORE DUMP " .
Waiting for your ASAP help.

Thank You .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restarting a while loop

I have a monitoring script that checks on the content of an alert file, I'm doing some checks on weather I have already reported on the alert (there is one alert per file). If I find that the content is the same as before how can I stop and restart the loop until there is differences bewteen the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restarting a Crashed Process

Hello, I host a couple of Call of Duty gameing servers. There are some hackers who love the crash them. When they crash them it simply causes a segmentaion fault and kills the PID. I was wondering it you could help me write a script to simply restart the program after it has been crashed. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting the Spooler

:confused: Everytime our UNIXWARE 7 Server is restarted we also have to restart the spooler. If the spooler is not restarted, print jobs get stuck in the queu. Once restarted by using the following command lpstop and lpstart everything works fine. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
0 Replies

4. Solaris

server restarting

Hello people, My solaris server is rebooting, not sure how!!! Which log should I look in to? I checked /var/adm/messages and dmesg also. How do I check older dmesg logs? I checked lastlog and also ran the last command. Nothing useful pointing to why server rebooted. Also when server reboots I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list files between last 6 hours to 3 hours

Hi Frens, I want to list some files from a directory, which contains "DONE" in their name, i am receiving files every minute. In this i want to list all the files which are newer than 6 hours but older than 3 hours, of current time i dont want my list to contain the latest files which are ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
4 Replies

6. Programming

Restarting the program

Hi, I use gfortran to run the code. Some times I need to stop the program and restart it. On restarting I need to run the program from the beginning. Is there any script or option available to restart the program from where it stopped? This script/option will be immensely useful for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpd25
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting a process

Hi, How is it possible to restart only your process. I can get the process killed but I am not able to start it. For eg : i first did this ps -ef|grep _out --displays all the process with _out in the name then I killed kill -15 36044 -- process id. Now how can i start the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TH3M0Nk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in restarting process

Hi friends, I have one unix command which is used to check the network status manually. followig is the command check_Network this command give follwoing status Network 1 is ok Network 2 is ok network 3 is ok network 4 is ok . . . . Network 10 is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
8 Replies

9. SuSE

Restarting syslog-ng

Environment: SUSE 10.3 I made a configuration change in '/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf' file in a server. An article found on web says "After the change '/etc/init.d/syslog-ng' should be restarted". But there is no 'syslog-ng' in /etc/init.d directory. What is syslog-ng or a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
4 Replies
AT(1)							      General Commands Manual							     AT(1)

NAME
at - execute commands at a later time SYNOPSIS
at time [ day ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
At squirrels away a copy of the named file (standard input default) to be used as input to sh(1) at a specified later time. A cd(1) com- mand to the current directory is inserted at the beginning, followed by assignments to all environment variables. When the script is run, it uses the user and group ID of the creator of the copy file. The time is 1 to 4 digits, with an optional following `A', `P', `N' or `M' for AM, PM, noon or midnight. One and two digit numbers are taken to be hours, three and four digits to be hours and minutes. If no letters follow the digits, a 24 hour clock time is understood. The optional day is either (1) a month name followed by a day number, or (2) a day of the week; if the word `week' follows invocation is moved seven days further off. Names of months and days may be recognizably truncated. Examples of legitimate commands are at 8am jan 24 at 1530 fr week At programs are executed by periodic execution of the command /usr/lib/atrun from cron(8). The granularity of at depends upon how often atrun is executed. Standard output or error output is lost unless redirected. FILES
/usr/spool/at/yy.ddd.hhhh.uu activity to be performed at hour hhhh of year day ddd of year yy. uu is a unique number. /usr/spool/at/lasttimedone contains hhhh for last hour of activity. /usr/spool/at/past directory of activities now in progress /usr/lib/atrun program that executes activities that are due pwd(1) SEE ALSO
calendar(1), cron(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Complains about various syntax errors and times out of range. BUGS
Due to the granularity of the execution of /usr/lib/atrun, there may be bugs in scheduling things almost exactly 24 hours into the future. AT(1)