Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting put an interactive script in background after taking input Post 302167820 by System Shock on Friday 15th of February 2008 02:31:54 PM
Old 02-15-2008
...you can append an ampersand ( & ) at the end of the comands you want run in the background

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive ftp get/put

Hi All, I'm trying to get this to work but when I execute it I get the following error ./ftp_upload.sh: line 78: syntax error: unexpected end of file. This was working before I expanded the script and had the here document part directly below within a function. Can anyone spot what I've... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darrenm
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

3. Programming

Run interactive program in background and grep it

I need to run an interactive program in the background so I can grep it for specific data to use for some logic in a script. There is no quiet or background mode on the program so I plan to redirect a document with commands in it and then to grep the output. This is almost working, except... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: doonan_79
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files older than x days and also taking an input for multiple paths

Hi , I am a newbie!!! I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script with background

I have script, which need some variable from user and i use below command for this read this script works fine while running without background, but when i run this script in background, it ask first variable then immediately it show below error KSH variable not found please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
1 Replies

6. Linux

Not able to put ls -lR command in background

Hi All, i am trying to put ls -lRt command to run in the background but it fails. i continue to get output on screen and didnt get the command prompt right after i put the command in background. command i am using is ls -lRt & i am using bash. Can someone let me know how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux Console for Interactive Input Script

Hi there, How do I enter command to the interactive console. I was able to do it via the first line. What if I have more lines to input into the interactive console from line 3 onwards. Is there a more easier way? (echo -e "load openvas" ; echo -e "openvas_help") | msfconsole ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put currently running script into background

Hi All, Suppose I have a script and inside it I want/need to put it into background. I need the script to not react to SIGHUP signals. I tried: #!/bin/bash echo "" > test_disown mypid=$$ echo "PID=$mypid" ( kill -SIGSTOP $mypid jobs > myjobs #disown -h <job-spec> #kill -SIGCONT $mypid )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackK
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in taking input Shell script

I was writing a shell script, where i need to run a command through script and then take input from user and later terminate it. i am not sure how to take input in a proper format immediately after a command. example: below command line is used to import some data in to database (LDAP)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mridul17
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recording user input from interactive shell script

Hello, I want to start out by saying that I am fairly new to scripting and am looking for someone that can point me in the right direction. Basically what I need is a way to run a interactive script that will prompt users with questions weather that be yes/no or a specific answer.. I want to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoutcast
3 Replies
Widget(n)							     [incr Tk]								 Widget(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Widget - base class for mega-widgets within a frame INHERITANCE
itk::Archetype <- itk::Widget STANDARD OPTIONS
background cursor See the "options" manual entry for details on the standard options. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The Widget class inherits everything from the Archetype class, and adds a Tk frame called the "hull" component to represent the body of the mega-widget. The window class name for the hull is set to the most-specific class name for the mega-widget. The protected variable itk_interior contains the window path name for the "hull" component. Derived classes specialize this widget by packing other widget compo- nents into the hull. Since the hull for the Widget class is implemented with a Tk frame, mega-widgets in the Widget class can be packed into other frames and toplevels. COMPONENTS
Name: hull Class: Frame The "hull" component acts as the body for the entire mega-widget. Other components are packed into the hull to further specialize the widget. EXAMPLE
The following example implements a simple TextDisplay mega-widget. It creates a read-only display of text with a text widget and a scroll- bar. option add *TextDisplay.wrap none widgetDefault option add *TextDisplay.textBackground ivory widgetDefault option add *TextDisplay.width 40 widgetDefault option add *TextDisplay.height 10 widgetDefault itcl::class TextDisplay { inherit itk::Widget constructor {args} { itk_component add text { text $itk_interior.info -state disabled -yscrollcommand [code $itk_interior.sbar set] } { usual keep -tabs -wrap -width -height rename -background -textbackground textBackground Background } pack $itk_component(text) -side left -expand yes -fill both itk_component add scrollbar { scrollbar $itk_interior.sbar -command [code $itk_interior.info yview] } pack $itk_component(scrollbar) -side right -fill y eval itk_initialize $args } public method display {info} public method append {info} } itcl::body TextDisplay::display {info} { $itk_component(text) configure -state normal $itk_component(text) delete 1.0 end $itk_component(text) insert 1.0 $info $itk_component(text) configure -state disabled } itcl::body TextDisplay::append {info} { $itk_component(text) configure -state normal $itk_component(text) insert end $info $itk_component(text) configure -state disabled } itk::usual TextDisplay { keep -background -cursor -foreground -font keep -activebackground -activerelief keep -highlightcolor -highlightthickness keep -insertbackground -insertborderwidth -insertwidth keep -insertontime -insertofftime keep -selectbackground -selectborderwidth -selectforeground keep -textbackground -troughcolor } # # EXAMPLE: Display the /etc/passwd file # TextDisplay .file -background red pack .file .file display [exec cat /etc/passwd] KEYWORDS
itk, Archetype, Widget, mega-widget itk 3.0 Widget(n)