Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: what is "unplumb"
Special Forums IP Networking what is "unplumb" Post 302167703 by tommy_cs on Friday 15th of February 2008 09:26:49 AM
Old 02-15-2008
Question what is "unplumb"

I saw an example on the web, it is an HP-UX command:

ifconfig lan0 unplumb
ifconfig lan0 plumb

so what is plumb actually, I check HP-UX man page and still no idea.

What is the difference if I do in this way?

ifconfig lan0 down
ifconfig lan0 up

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef | grep "string1" "string2" " "string3"

Hi all, can any one suggest me the script to grep multiple strings from ps -ef pls correct the below script . its not working/ i want to print OK if all the below process are running in my solaris system. else i want to print NOT OK. bash-3.00$ ps -ef | grep blu lscpusr 48 42 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
dhcpdb2conf(1M) 														   dhcpdb2conf(1M)

NAME
dhcpdb2conf - convert DHCP client database to config file parameters SYNOPSIS
index] [lan-interfaces] DESCRIPTION
The command translates a client system's DHCP database parameters (from into a set of standard configuration file parameters. This is an essential step for configuring a DHCP client system, and is invoked by upon every reboot when DHCP is active. A DHCP client database can contain settings for such items as: hostname, IP address, and default gateway (a subset of the "initial identity parameters" managed by and You can list the contents of the database to the screen, create a set of configuration staging files, or execute direct edits on existing configuration files using the values contained in the client database. Arguments: You can provide a list of lan-interfaces on which to operate, such as "lan0 lan1". If you specify no LAN interfaces, processes all entries referenced in the client's DHCP database. The entries are each defined as a unique LAN interface and a corresponding list of attributes. Options The following options determine the results of DHCP parameter processing. Print results to the screen (standard output). This is the default action if neither nor is specified. Apply directly: Using the results of the specified filters (see below), directly apply the parameter definitions to the existing configuration files, for example, to (This is how is called from Create copies: Create a set of staging files using the results of the selected filters (see below). Each parameter processed is applied to its corresponding copy of one configuration file [re]cre- ated by For example, is copied to (If the file already exists and can be written, it is overwritten; otherwise the command fails.) Once this staging file is created, the parameter being processed is applied to the newly created staging file rather than the real configuration file. The following "filter" options control which parameters are processed. The options can be combined in any manner. The default with no options is to process all attributes for each LAN interface. Hostname: Process the parameter. DNS: Process the parameter set (in Interface: Process the parameter set: Route: Process the parameter set: NIS: Process the parameter set: Time: Process the parameter. DHCP_SERVER: Prints the hostname of which has the given IP address for the interface. Options or have no effect. Option will print results only to the screen (standard output). Hostname: Do not update the parameter in configuration files. If the option is used with or then the option has no effect. Set array index for the set of related parameters for one LAN interface in the configuration files. For example, with (the default) the output would include The command can be run only by users with appropriate privileges. Configuration Files and Parameter Names The following files, and parameters in each file, can be processed by EXAMPLES List the entire contents of the DHCP client database: List only the parameter set for lan0: List the and parameter sets for lan0 and lan1: Apply the and parameter sets for lan0 to the existing configuration files: Apply all parameter sets to the existing configuration files using lan0, and set index = 1: WARNINGS
Using the option overrides any existing values which are currently set in the system's configuration files (while the option merely revises staging files, if any). FILES
The command itself. Current DHCP parameters received from a DHCP server by System configuration files that can be modified by SEE ALSO
auto_parms(1M), dhcpclient(1M), geocustoms(1M), set_parms(1M). dhcpdb2conf(1M)