Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Jumpstart Solaris 10 x86
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart Solaris 10 x86 Post 302167374 by alias.256 on Thursday 14th of February 2008 09:38:01 AM
Old 02-14-2008
Resolved

I found the problem in the menu.lst file.

To correct, I changed the following:

install_media=192.168.17.251:/export/home/jumpstart/install/solaris_10_2006_11/Solaris_10/

to:

install_media=192.168.17.251:/export/home/jumpstart/install/solaris_10_2006_11/

Issue resolved. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart on x86 client- prompt for CD2

Hi I just configured a jumpstart server for x86 and sparc clients. I don't use a dhcp server, so I configured /etc/ethers and did add_install_client to update /etc/bootparams. The sparc installation ist working, but the x86 installation stops after CD1 was successfully installed. What I did: I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jay_Fisi
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 Jumpstart w/o GUI

Does anyone know how to Jumpstart a Solaris 10 x86 system without the GUI? I would like to keep the Jumpstart and/or Flash Archive install in a console text mode if possible but I've not had much luck finding instructions. I'm guessing this is going to be accomplished from the grub menu with a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alias.256
5 Replies

3. Solaris

One time network boot of Jumpstart x86 client

I am trying to find an approach that has been effective for automating the installation of Solaris 10 x86 using Jumpstart technology. I have configured an Jumpstart server and a Solaris dhcp server with appropriate macros for passing the client information about its boot environment. The problem is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chajo19
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Jumpstart sparc client using x86 server.

Can I use a Jumpstart enviroment on x86 to install a sparc64 client? The idea is to install Solaris in an virtual environment (Sun Virtual Box) running on a pc (AMD), configure a Jumpstart server, and have a SUN Ultra 60 (sparc64) installed via the Jumpstart server. The SUN has no cdrom... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiablo
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Automate Solaris x86 Jumpstart

Hi All, Is there a possible way to fully automate Solaris x86 jumpstart or make the x86 jumpstart unattended? I'm currently checking the possible options on how can I do the x86 jumpstart to be kicked off during midnight. We have an automated jumpstart (start to run from midnight) for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart Installation from X86 machine

Hi friends , i have on ultra 10 Sparc machine . Due to some problem my OS is fully corrupted , so i am planning to install again but my problem is the cd drive in Ultra 10 machine is not working. Now i am planning to use Jumpstart installation method to install my server. But i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
4 Replies

7. Solaris

custom jumpstart on x86 with DHCP/PXE goes into interactive mode

client boots fine, it gets the ip 192.168.0.10 and the bootfile. Then there is : SunOS 5.10 Version Generic_141445-09 32-bit" ... Configuring devices. Custom JumpStart Reading ZFS config: done Setting up Java. Please wait ... NOTE: Not enough memory for graphical installation. Graphical... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing Solaris x86 using jumpstart does not set the hostname for the target

Installing Solaris x86 using jumpstart does not set the hostname for the target. Any idea where do we need to specify hostname to be set for jumpstart installation. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
1 Replies
GRE(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    GRE(4)

NAME
gre -- encapsulating network device SYNOPSIS
To compile the driver into the kernel, place the following line in the kernel configuration file: device gre Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_gre_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The gre network interface pseudo device encapsulates datagrams into IP. These encapsulated datagrams are routed to a destination host, where they are decapsulated and further routed to their final destination. The ``tunnel'' appears to the inner datagrams as one hop. gre interfaces are dynamically created and destroyed with the ifconfig(8) create and destroy subcommands. This driver corresponds to RFC 2784. Encapsulated datagrams are prepended an outer datagram and a GRE header. The GRE header specifies the type of the encapsulated datagram and thus allows for tunneling other protocols than IP. GRE mode is also the default tunnel mode on Cisco routers. gre also supports Cisco WCCP protocol, both version 1 and version 2. The gre interfaces support a number of additional parameters to the ifconfig(8): grekey Set the GRE key used for outgoing packets. A value of 0 disables the key option. enable_csum Enables checksum calculation for outgoing packets. enable_seq Enables use of sequence number field in the GRE header for outgoing packets. EXAMPLES
192.168.1.* --- Router A -------tunnel-------- Router B --- 192.168.2.* / / +------ the Internet ------+ Assuming router A has the (external) IP address A and the internal address 192.168.1.1, while router B has external address B and internal address 192.168.2.1, the following commands will configure the tunnel: On router A: ifconfig greN create ifconfig greN inet 192.168.1.1 192.168.2.1 ifconfig greN inet tunnel A B route add -net 192.168.2 -netmask 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1 On router B: ifconfig greN create ifconfig greN inet 192.168.2.1 192.168.1.1 ifconfig greN inet tunnel B A route add -net 192.168.1 -netmask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 NOTES
The MTU of gre interfaces is set to 1476 by default, to match the value used by Cisco routers. This may not be an optimal value, depending on the link between the two tunnel endpoints. It can be adjusted via ifconfig(8). For correct operation, the gre device needs a route to the decapsulating host that does not run over the tunnel, as this would be a loop. The kernel must be set to forward datagrams by setting the net.inet.ip.forwarding sysctl(8) variable to non-zero. SEE ALSO
gif(4), inet(4), ip(4), me(4), netintro(4), protocols(5), ifconfig(8), sysctl(8) A description of GRE encapsulation can be found in RFC 2784 and RFC 2890. AUTHORS
Andrey V. Elsukov <ae@FreeBSD.org> Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de> BUGS
The current implementation uses the key only for outgoing packets. Incoming packets with a different key or without a key will be treated as if they would belong to this interface. The sequence number field also used only for outgoing packets. BSD
November 7, 2014 BSD