Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using ls command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers using ls command Post 302167194 by gus2000 on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 06:41:55 PM
Old 02-13-2008
Code:
# list text files
ls *.txt

# list text files that begin with a number
ls [0-9]*.txt

Etcetera, etcetera.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command : how to insert text at the cursor location via command line?

Hi, Well my title isn't very clear I think. So to understand my goal: I have a script "test1" #!/bin/bash xvkbd -text blabla with xbindkeys, I bind F5 key in order it runs my test1 script So when I press F5, test1 runs. I'm under Emacs/Vi and I press F5 in order to have "blabla" be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
PREZIP-BIN(1)						 Aspell Abbreviated User's Manual					     PREZIP-BIN(1)

NAME
prezip-bin - prefix zip delta word list compressor/decompressor SYNOPSIS
prezip-bin [ -V | -d | -z ] DESCRIPTION
prezip-bin compresses/decompresses sorted word lists from standard input to standard output. Prezip-bin is similar to word-list-compress(1) but it allows a larger character set of {0x00...0x09, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0E...0xFF} and multi-words larger than 255 characters in length. It can also decompress word-list-compress(1) compatible files. COMMANDS
Prezip-bin accepts only one of these commands. -V Display prezip-bin version number to standard output. -d Read a compressed word list from standard input and decompress it to standard output. This can be a word-list-compress(1) or a prezip-bin compressed file. -z Read a binary word list from standard input and compress it to standard output. EXAMPLES
prezip-bin -d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt prezip-bin -z <wordlist.txt >wordlist.pz 2>errors.txt Compress wordlist.txt to binary file wordlist.pz and send any error messages to a text file named errors.txt LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | prezip-bin -z >wordlist.pz Sort a word list, then pipe it to prezip-bin to create a compressed binary wordlist.pz file. prezip-bin -d <words.pz | aspell create master ./words.rws Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options. TIPS
Prezip-bin is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose compression program since resulting files may actu- ally increase in size. Unlike word-list-compress(1) if your word list has leading or trailing blank spaces for formatting purposes, you should remove them first before you compress your list using prezip-bin -z , otherwise those spaces will be included in the compressed binary output. DIAGNOSTICS
Prezip-bin normally exits with a return code of 0. If it encounters an error, a message is sent to standard error output (stderr), and prezip-bin exits with a non-zero return value. Error messages are listed below: (display help/usage message) Unknown command given on the command line so prezip-bin displays a usage message to standard error output. unknown format The input file appears not to be an expected format, or may possibly be a more advanced format. The output file will be empty. corrupt input This is only for the decompression command -d. The input file appeared to be of a correct format, but something appears wrong now. There may be some valid data in output, but due to input corruption, the rest of the file can not be completed. unexpected EOF The input file appeared okay but ended sooner than expected, therefore the output file is not complete. SEE ALSO
aspell(1), aspell-import(1), run-with-aspell(1), word-list-compress(1) Aspell is fully documented in its Texinfo manual. See the `aspell' entry in info for more complete documentation. REPORTING BUGS
For help, see the Aspell homepage at <http://aspell.net>. Send bug reports/comments to the Aspell user list at the above address. AUTHOR
This info page was written by Jose Da Silva <digital@joescat.com>. prezip-bin-0.1.2 2005-09-30 PREZIP-BIN(1)