Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to sort paragraphs by date within a file Post 302167172 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 04:33:04 PM
Old 02-13-2008
Duplicate post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a file by date using perl

Hello, do any body help me to sort a file by date using perl? thanks in advance Esham (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
4 Replies

2. AIX

loop through the directory for files and sort by date and process the first file

hello i have a requirement where i have a direcotry in which i get files in the format STOCKS.20080114.dat STOCKS.20080115.dat STOCKS.20080117.dat STOCKS.20080118.dat i need to loop through the directory and sort by create date descending order and i need to process the first file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract paragraphs from file in BASH script followed by prefix ! , !! and !!!

I]hi all i am in confusion since last 2 days :( i posted thraed yesterday and some friends did help but still i couldnt get solution to my problem let it be very clear i have a long log file of alkatel switch and i have to seperate the minor major and critical alarms shown by ! , !! and !!!... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabmufti
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort a field in a file having date values

Hi All, I am having a pipe delimited file .In this file the 3rd column is having date values.I need to get the min date and max date from that file. I have used cut -d '|' test.dat -f 3|sort -u But it is not sorting the date .How to sort the date column using unix commands Thanks ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to filter out some paragraphs in a file

Hi, I am trying to filter out those paragraphs that contains 'CONNECT', 'alter system switch logfile'. That means say the input file is : ------------------------------------------------------- Wed Jun 7 00:32:31 2006 ACTION : 'CONNECT' CLIENT USER: prdadm CLIENT TERMINAL: Wed Jun 7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnlhap
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort content of text file based on date?

I now have a 230,000+ lines long text file formatted in segments like this: Is there a way to sort this file to have everything in chronological order, based on the date and time in the text? In this example, I would like the result to be: (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidCactus
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to sort entries in a file by date and time

Hello All, Need a shell script to sort entries in a file by date and time. Below are the entries in the file, i need to sort it first by the date and then time Note :- Date is in MM/DD/YY format and date comes as the 6th & time comes on 7th coloumns respectively. 150 pbnawldb001-b... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a large text file into paragraphs

Hello all, newbie here. I've searched the forum and found many "how to split a text file" topics but none that are what I'm looking for. I have a large text file (~15 MB) in size. It contains a variable number of "paragraphs" (for lack of a better word) that are each of variable length. A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

file separated into paragraphs or pages

hi, i have file, file is separated into parahgraphs by these line(----------). i want to find out logId = string : "AIALARM", in each parahgraph or page if found then i want to cut next five lines.... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort help: How to sort collected 'file list' by date stamp :

Hi Experts, I have a filelist collected from another server , now want to sort the output using date/time stamp filed. - Filed 6, 7,8 are showing the date/time/stamp. Here is the input: #---------------------------------------------------------------------- -rw------- 1 root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies
BLAZE-ADD(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						      BLAZE-ADD(1)

NAME
blaze-add - adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-add [-pqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] [-a author] [-d date] [-t title] [-k keywords] [-T tags] [-u url] [file...] blaze-add -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-add adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository. If a file is supplied, it adds the content of that file, otherwise an external text editor is opened for you. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -t title, --title title Allows you to specify the title of a blog post or page. -a author, --author author Allows you to specify the author of a blog post or page. -d date, --date date Allows you to specify the date of publishing of a blog post or page. -k keywords, --keywords keywords Allows you to specify a comma-separated list of keywords attached to a blog post or page. -T tags, --tags tags Allows you to supply a comma-separated list of tags attached to a blog post. -u url, --url url Allows you to specify the url of a blog post or page. Allowed characters are letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-add to add a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-add to add a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. For example, if you use Markdown to convert the lightweight markup language to the valid HTML output, this will enable you to write this particular post in plain HTML directly. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Write a new blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add Add a new blog post from a file: ~]$ blaze-add new_packages.txt Successfully added the post with ID 10. Write a new page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add -p Write a new page in nano: ~]$ blaze-add -p -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-init(1), blaze-config(1), blaze-edit(1), blaze-remove(1), blaze-make(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-ADD(1)