Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: comands inside the script
Special Forums Cybersecurity comands inside the script Post 302167144 by Lakris on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 03:05:10 PM
Old 02-13-2008
NP,

Yes but the content of result is in Your local machine, isn't it? And that doesn't get deleted until You end the script.
Smilie

/L

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

External comands in C?

Hey all, I'm writting my first C program (Apart from the little ones I did to learn the program). What I want for this program to do is ping a range of IP's and then place the reply if alive into a file the compare all in that file to the /etc/hosts file to find the host name. I know I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to identify the type of shell using comands..

Dear friends, please tell me how to identify the type of the shell (whether cShell, kshell or anything else) please tell me the command. waiting for ur reply.... regards, swamymns (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

For Loops Within Ftp Comands

I am having trouble getting files to ftp over when I run the file names through a loop. If I just do one file it works, but inside of a for loop it does not. Help! ################section 2 cd /home/salazar/chk_data chmod 777 * ftp -n 161.241.--.-- <<! user anonymous \n ascii for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsalz638
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 network, process, database related comands

Hi everbody, Can anyone let me know the resources for list of network, process, database related commands of solaris10 possibly with little bit of explanation. Thanks in advance, Chandra Sekhar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandoo.java
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a unix script(which is calling another script inside that) in background

Hi all, I am having a script ScriptA which is calling a script ScriptB in the same server and copying files to second server and have to execute one script ScriptC in the second server. THis First script ScriptA is the main script and i have to execute this process continously. for Keeping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohithji
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Help - Multi Comands

Hi guys I am trying to get a bunch of lines into a .sh script that will let me easily run a bunch of commands on its own without me having to be there... I have done this with other things but apparetnly it doesn't like to use yum.. I will post my script you will see what im trying to do.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bigstack
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute multiple comands on one single line

hi, I have a litle problem i wish to excute this comand : ./test.sh -e txt /home -l a so what it says is that "-e" shows me all the extenions that are ".txt" in "home" this works but then i wish that "-l" will show all files begining in this case with the letter "a" . Both comands work... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samirboss
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of the below ftp comands

plz let me know what the below ftp is doing it . ftp -m amazon-d . -i /test/load/y748_W*.stc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge Expect script inside shell script?

Hi I have two scripts one is Expect and other is shell. I want to merge Expect code in to Shell script so that i can run it using only one script. Can somebody help me out ? Order to execute: Run Expect_install.sh first and then when installation completes run runTests.sh shell script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies
catch(1T)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 catch(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
catch - Evaluate script and trap exceptional returns SYNOPSIS
catch script ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The catch command may be used to prevent errors from aborting command interpretation. The catch command calls the Tcl interpreter recur- sively to execute script, and always returns without raising an error, regardless of any errors that might occur while executing script. If script raises an error, catch will return a non-zero integer value corresponding to the exceptional return code returned by evaluation of script. Tcl defines the normal return code from script evaluation to be zero(0), or TCL_OK. Tcl also defines four exceptional return codes: 1 (TCL_ERROR), 2 (TCL_RETURN), 3 (TCL_BREAK), and 4 (TCL_CONTINUE). Errors during evaluation of a script are indicated by a return code of TCL_ERROR. The other exceptional return codes are returned by the return, break, and continue commands and in other special situa- tions as documented. Tcl packages can define new commands that return other integer values as return codes as well, and scripts that make use of the return -code command can also have return codes other than the five defined by Tcl. If the varName argument is given, then the variable it names is set to the result of the script evaluation. When the return code from the script is 1 (TCL_ERROR), the value stored in varName is an error message. When the return code from the script is 0 (TCL_OK), the value stored in resultVarName is the value returned from script. If script does not raise an error, catch will return 0 (TCL_OK) and set the variable to the value returned from script. Note that catch catches all exceptions, including those generated by break and continue as well as errors. The only errors that are not caught are syntax errors found when the script is compiled. This is because the catch command only catches errors during runtime. When the catch statement is compiled, the script is compiled as well and any syntax errors will generate a Tcl error. EXAMPLES
The catch command may be used in an if to branch based on the success of a script. if { [catch {open $someFile w} fid] } { puts stderr "Could not open $someFile for writing $fid" exit 1 } The catch command will not catch compiled syntax errors. The first time proc foo is called, the body will be compiled and a Tcl error will be generated. proc foo {} { catch {expr {1 +- }} } SEE ALSO
break(1T), continue(1T), error(1T), return(1T), tclvars(1T) KEYWORDS
catch, error ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 8.0 catch(1T)