Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Is there any way to find any changes made to a directory? Post 302166991 by maheshwin on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 07:40:03 AM
Old 02-13-2008
touch -t 0802130800 /tmp/date
find . -newer /tmp/date -mtime 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find - directory only

All, I want to find ONLY the directories containing ...say "*.log" under some $MY_HOME. man on find does not seem to yield any suitable option for me. need to do this on a Sun system. help (verily) appriciated. (:) ) Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipzig
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find particular directory

Hi, i know only directory name I want to find location of tat directory(full path) is there any option to find directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the size of a directory

Hi, I would really appreciate if you could help me with this. I have a directory structure like this :- /data Under data i have directories /data1 , /input_files , /output_files etc . Under these directories I have other subdirectories. What i am looking for is to find out the size of all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: divz
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to find a string in a directory/sub-directory

I'm trying to find this string 'preparing string IBE_Quote_W1_Pvt.SaveWrapper for quote_header_id’ in my Apache log file directory. The log file that contains this string may be in a parent direcotry or a sub-directory. I have tried 'grep' and 'awk' with no success. I would like to get the path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gross
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Directory help

Hey All, New to Bash Scripting I have a find command to count the current directories it is: dirCount=`find $2/ -type d | wc -l` What I get is a count of all directories in $2 as well as $2 itself. What I need to do is ignore $2 itself and just get the folders inside $2. Thank in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandonpal
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find directory help

I am looking for the directory ".Private". Can someone tell me why my first search does not work? ~ $ sudo find / -iname -type d ".Private" 2>/dev/null And why does this one work? ~ $ sudo find / -type d -iname '.Private' 2>/dev/null... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"-maxdepth 1" argument for Solaris find. Other way to restrict find in only one directory?

Hi I wish to find only files in dir /srv/container/content/imz06/. It means exclude subfolder /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/ > uname -a SunOS testbox6 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320Its Solaris default "find" > find /srv/container/content/imz06/* -name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find every directory named XYZ under the DVLP directory

I only want to find files under each branch of the directory tree inside directories named XYZ and there are multiple XYZ directories? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emc^24sho
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find and get a file in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified?

How to get a file 'zlib.h' in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified lives under that starting directory by using find command, as it failed on: $ find . -name 'zlib.h' -a -ipath 'CHROME.TMP' -prune -o -print it'll just list entirely up (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
2 Replies
TOUCH(1)							   User Commands							  TOUCH(1)

NAME
touch - change file timestamps SYNOPSIS
touch [OPTION]... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Update the access and modification times of each FILE to the current time. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a change only the access time -B, --backward=SECONDS Modify the time by going back SECONDS seconds. For example, touch -r foo -B 5 bar will make the file bar 5 seconds older than file foo. -c, --no-create do not create any files -d, --date=STRING parse STRING and use it instead of current time -F, --forward=SECONDS Modify the time by going forward SECONDS seconds. For example, touch -r foo -F 5 bar will make the file bar 5 seconds newer than file foo. -f (ignored) -m change only the modification time -r, --reference=FILE use this file's times instead of current time -t STAMP use [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.ss] instead of current time --time=WORD set time given by WORD: access atime use (same as -a) modify mtime (same as -m) --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Note that the -d and -t options accept different time-date formats. AUTHOR
Written by Paul Rubin, Arnold Robbins, Jim Kingdon, David MacKenzie, and Randy Smith. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for touch is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and touch programs are properly installed at your site, the command info touch should give you access to the complete manual. touch (coreutils) 4.5.3 October 2002 TOUCH(1)