Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script & Excel help needed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers script & Excel help needed Post 302166697 by matrixmadhan on Tuesday 12th of February 2008 01:28:37 PM
Old 02-12-2008
this seems to be pretty straight forward to me

transfer the file in bin mode from unix/linux system to windows

and open the file, specify the delimiter

and your file should be ready in excel

Is that what you are looking for ?

Or its my mistake ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract directories, users, groups & permissions to excel

Hi As the title descibes I wish to create an excel spreadsheet which lists all directories in full allong with the users, groups and rights. I have not used Perl scripts before so I'm a little lost on this on. Cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacLon
0 Replies

2. AIX

Problem with NFS & rpc.lockd-Help Needed

We have windows clients that access drawing files shared from our AIX server using NFS. The Windows clients are intermittently unable to open files or access the system. For some reason restarting the rpc.lockd temporarily resolves the problem. However, that is the only clue I have to what the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theologic
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to combine files to excel sheet

Hi, I have several hundreds of text files which I would like to combine them onto excel sheet. Does anyone know how to combine them into different excel sheet in one workbook using Bash script? Please advise. THanks. I forgot to mention my file is something like below:- A B ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
5 Replies

4. Linux

Squid upgrade & run help needed

dear frnds, i m very new linux environment & is looking to deploy squid proxy server using Fedora 9. but i do not know anything abt all this. i have installed fedora in default mode & it has squid already installed. now i want to upgrade the squid to current version. i tried to use yum to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ondemandemails
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Curl & Wget

We are trying to invoke a https service from our unix script using curl command. The service is not getting invoked because it is SSL configured. Bypassing certification (using curl –k) does not work. curl -k https://site curl -k -x IP:Port https://site curl -k -x IP:443 https://id:pwd@site ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshbabu01
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed with grep & sed

On one of my servers, it appears that a bunch of html files got the following code added to it... I was going to try to remove this line using grep & sed... as sample grep -lr -e 'apples' *.html | xargs sed -i 's/apples/oranges/g' I can get the grep portion to work... grep "<script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: djlane
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
STATFS(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 STATFS(2)

NAME
statfs, fstatfs - get file system statistics SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/vfs.h> int statfs(const char *path, struct statfs *buf); int fstatfs(int fd, struct statfs *buf); DESCRIPTION
statfs returns information about a mounted file system. path is the path name of any file within the mounted filesystem. buf is a pointer to a statfs structure defined as follows: struct statfs { long f_type; /* type of filesystem (see below) */ long f_bsize; /* optimal transfer block size */ long f_blocks; /* total data blocks in file system */ long f_bfree; /* free blocks in fs */ long f_bavail; /* free blocks avail to non-superuser */ long f_files; /* total file nodes in file system */ long f_ffree; /* free file nodes in fs */ fsid_t f_fsid; /* file system id */ long f_namelen; /* maximum length of filenames */ long f_spare[6]; /* spare for later */ }; File system types: linux/affs_fs.h: AFFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0xADFF linux/efs_fs.h: EFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x00414A53 linux/ext_fs.h: EXT_SUPER_MAGIC 0x137D linux/ext2_fs.h: EXT2_OLD_SUPER_MAGIC 0xEF51 EXT2_SUPER_MAGIC 0xEF53 linux/hpfs_fs.h: HPFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0xF995E849 linux/iso_fs.h: ISOFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x9660 linux/minix_fs.h: MINIX_SUPER_MAGIC 0x137F /* orig. minix */ MINIX_SUPER_MAGIC2 0x138F /* 30 char minix */ MINIX2_SUPER_MAGIC 0x2468 /* minix V2 */ MINIX2_SUPER_MAGIC2 0x2478 /* minix V2, 30 char names */ linux/msdos_fs.h: MSDOS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x4d44 linux/ncp_fs.h: NCP_SUPER_MAGIC 0x564c linux/nfs_fs.h: NFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x6969 linux/proc_fs.h: PROC_SUPER_MAGIC 0x9fa0 linux/smb_fs.h: SMB_SUPER_MAGIC 0x517B linux/sysv_fs.h: XENIX_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B4 SYSV4_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B5 SYSV2_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B6 COH_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B7 linux/ufs_fs.h: UFS_MAGIC 0x00011954 linux/xfs_fs.h: XFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x58465342 linux/xia_fs.h: _XIAFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FD16D Fields that are undefined for a particular file system are set to 0. fstatfs returns the same information about an open file referenced by descriptor fd. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
For statfs: ENOTDIR A component of the path prefix of path is not a directory. ENAMETOOLONG path is too long. ENOENT The file referred to by path does not exist. EACCES Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix of path. ELOOP Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating path. EFAULT Buf or path points to an invalid address. EIO An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. ENOMEM Insufficient kernel memory was available. ENOSYS The filesystem path is on does not support statfs. For fstatfs: EBADF fd is not a valid open file descriptor. EFAULT buf points to an invalid address. EIO An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. ENOSYS The filesystem fd is open on does not support statfs. CONFORMING TO
The Linux statfs was inspired by the 4.4BSD one (but they do not use the same structure). SEE ALSO
stat(2) Linux 2.0.30 1997-08-21 STATFS(2)