Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications What Database engine would you recommend? Post 302166640 by sad_angle on Tuesday 12th of February 2008 11:56:38 AM
Old 02-12-2008
Lightbulb What Database engine would you recommend?

Thank you for choosing this thread to read.

I am about to develop a heavy set financial system. My client wants to build his own in-house. Due to my LAMP/BSD mind set, I know MySQL, but no other database (never got the chance to see others). I do not know if MySQL can handle 2000 to 5000 records entries per day, and keep these records for years to come to be used, sometimes frequently.

I heard, and read on line plenty of good words about Oracle, and Sybase.

If you have worked with MySQL, and any other DB engine, like Oracle, or Sybase, How do you compare performance, and which one would you recommend for a heavy set financial system?

Your personal experience gestures here is really appreciated.

Thank you for reading, and for your reply in advance.

Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase - Provides mutual exclusion using Sybase SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase; my $locker = new Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase; $locker->acquire_read_lock($ref); $locker->acquire_write_lock($ref); $locker->release_read_lock($ref); $locker->release_write_lock($ref); $locker->release_all_locks($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase fulfills the locking interface of Apache::Session. Mutual exclusion is achieved through the use of Sybase's sp_getapplock and sp_releaseapplock functions. Sybase does not support the notion of read and write locks, so this module only supports exclusive locks. When you request a shared read lock, it is instead promoted to an exclusive write lock. CONFIGURATION
The module must know how to connect to your MySQL database to acquire locks. You must provide a datasource name, a user name, and a password. These options are passed in the usual Apache::Session style, and are very similar to the options for Apache::Session::Store::Sybase. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Sybase', $id, { LockDataSource => 'dbi:sybase:database', LockUserName => 'database_user', LockPassword => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Sybase', $id, { LockHandle => $dbh }; AUTHOR
This module was written by Oliver Maul <oli@42.nu>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase(3pm)