Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Script to Validate and Add more users one time Post 302165947 by KevinADC on Sunday 10th of February 2008 12:01:55 AM
Old 02-10-2008
Validating an email address is not easy but at least we know the format of an email address and what would be valid and what would be invalid. Validating a name, an id, and a department are not standard types of data so you will need to define exactly what those fields should contain to be considered valid and what they should not contain to be considered invalid. The actual script should be very straight forward once you establish what the criteria is for validating the data.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add time convert to seconds

Hi, What i am looking for and i am new to this too, is a bash script that will add time in the format hh:mm:ss and produce the answer in minutes or seconds. It needs to be a loop since there are hundreds of times in my file. This is data is from a CDR that calculates duration of time used. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trotella
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate time pattern using regular expression

Hi, I am new to scripting. please help me in validating the user entered time Pattern Here is the program #!/bin/bash validateTimeFormat() { checkTime=$1 timePattern="::" if ] then echo "Valid time pattern" return 1 else echo "InValid time pattern" return -1 fi } echo "Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to add 10000 users

Hi All i have written the script to add 10000 users, when i execute the script it had no errors ,but the script is not adding the users. pls correct me. i want it using while loop #!bin/sh count=0 while do useradd username$count count=`expr $count + 1` done ~ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Shell script to add users on solaris

Hi admins, I am trying to run a script to add users on solaris with password: I am using crypt for passwords: The part of my scripts is as below: if ; then echo "$username exists!" exit 1 else pass=$(perl -e 'print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addsudoers: A script to add users or groups into /etc/sudoers

Well, sudo is a great tool for delegating permissions among admins. But, it's really hard to find a great tool which would give an interactive way of editing /etc/sudoers file. Now, when I say "editing", I really refer to add new groups, users, aliases in the /etc/sudoers file. visudo is great... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me validate script

Hi Guys, Im a newbie to scripting and have a small assignment. can someone please confirm if the script i have written would work fine as we dont have a test server to test :( Scenario - copy 2 files from an ftp server (windows) to a linux machine (a perticular folder). run 2 different... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishantvshah
0 Replies

7. AIX

Script to validate between two environments

Hi, I trust that you are well - I'm a bit new into AIX and I've been assigned a task to write a script that will always validate between our two Prod (Prod A and Prod B) environments to confirm which prod we live at. The two environments are exact replicas and this check I need to put in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twaggzk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add new users to a group on multiple servers using SSH

Hi Experts, I am new to scripting. We have around 400 Linux servers in our environment. I want to add a new user to a perticular group on all the servers using SSH. Requirements: 1) Need to take the server names from a text file. 2) Login into each server and check whether perticular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satya1983
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate date and time in filename by awk

hi i want to validate the date and time in filename filename : mohan.moh.ccyymmdd.ccyymmdd.hhmmss.txt mohan_moh.20151222.20151222.122442.txt i want code that check that date given in filename 20151222 in this format ccyymmdd else it mark file is not valid used in my OS detail is AIX 6... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MOHANP12
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add missing date and time in a bash script?

Hi Again, I have a file that contains date and time for the past 2 hours. What i need is add missing date and time in a file. INPUT 2016-01-13 01:33 10 2016-01-13 01:31 10 2016-01-13 01:30 10 2016-01-13 01:29 10 2016-01-13 01:28 10 2016-01-13 01:27 10 2016-01-13 01:26 10 2016-01-13... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto
14 Replies
Mail::Field::AddrList(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Mail::Field::AddrList(3)

NAME
Mail::Field::AddrList - object representation of e-mail address lists INHERITANCE
Mail::Field::AddrList is a Mail::Field SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Field::AddrList; $to = Mail::Field->new('To'); $from = Mail::Field->new('From', 'poe@daimi.aau.dk (Peter Orbaek)'); $from->create('foo@bar.com' => 'Mr. Foo', poe => 'Peter'); $from->parse('foo@bar.com (Mr Foo), Peter Orbaek <poe>'); # make a RFC822 header string print $from->stringify()," "; # extract e-mail addresses and names @addresses = $from->addresses(); # strings @names = $from->names(); # strings @addr = $from->addr_list(); # Mail::Address objects (v2.00) # adjoin a new address to the list $from->set_address('foo@bar.com', 'Mr. Foo'); DESCRIPTION
Defines parsing and formatting of address field, for the following fields: "To", "From", "Cc", "Reply-To", and "Sender". All the normally used features of the address field specification of RFC2822 are implemented, but some complex (and therefore hardly ever used) constructs will not be inderstood. Use Mail::Message::Field::Full in MailBox if you need full RFC compliance. METHODS
Constructors Mail::Field::AddrList->combine(FIELDS) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field Mail::Field::AddrList->extract(TAG, HEAD [, INDEX ]) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field Mail::Field::AddrList->new(TAG [, STRING | OPTIONS]) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field "Fake" constructors $obj->create(OPTIONS) See ""Fake" constructors" in Mail::Field $obj->parse() See ""Fake" constructors" in Mail::Field Accessors $obj->set(OPTIONS) See "Accessors" in Mail::Field $obj->stringify() See "Accessors" in Mail::Field $obj->tag() Mail::Field::AddrList->tag() See "Accessors" in Mail::Field Smart accessors $obj->addr_list() Returns the collected Mail::Address objects. $obj->addresses() Returns a list if email addresses, found in the field content. $obj->names() Returns a list of nicely formatted named, for each of the addresses found in the content. $obj->set_address(EMAIL, NAME) Add/replace an EMAIL address to the field. $obj->text([STRING]) See "Smart accessors" in Mail::Field DIAGNOSTICS
Error: Undefined subroutine <method> called Mail::Field objects use autoloading to compile new functionality. Apparently, the mehod called is not implemented for the specific class of the field object. SEE ALSO
This module is part of the MailTools distribution, http://perl.overmeer.net/mailtools/. AUTHORS
The MailTools bundle was developed by Graham Barr. Later, Mark Overmeer took over maintenance without commitment to further development. Mail::Cap by Gisle Aas <aas@oslonett.no>. Mail::Field::AddrList by Peter Orbaek <poe@cit.dk>. Mail::Mailer and Mail::Send by Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk>. For other contributors see ChangeLog. LICENSE
Copyrights 1995-2000 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> and 2001-2007 Mark Overmeer <perl@overmeer.net>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.16.2 2012-08-29 Mail::Field::AddrList(3)