Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to extract paragraphs from file in BASH script followed by prefix ! , !! and !!! Post 302165809 by nabmufti on Saturday 9th of February 2008 01:25:22 AM
Old 02-09-2008
Question any one can do it???

plz help me to come to solution of my problem
i want to extract paragraphs line following prefix ! , !! and !!!
i tried so mant times but i coldnt do it
file sample is in given above thraed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to extract spf records

Hello I am trying to generate a script to run on worldwide firewalls. I need the spf block for large sites like google, etc so I can essentially whitelist google sites for users. (Google here is just an example...) Right now I am just testing Bash oneliners to see how I can isolate the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbubb
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from file header and prefix it to all lines

Hello All, I have a file in the following format. I want to extract the date(020090930, 020090929) in the string "STPAGE020090930" and "STPAGE020090929" and prefix it to all lines below them. The output must be put into a new file. STPAGE020090930 xyzz aalc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john2022
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk script to add a prefix to each line in file

Hello , I have file with below content : '165567885', '165568443', '165568805', I need an awk script that would add a prefix zero after first ' . Like '0165567885', '0165568443', '0165568805', Please help. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract paragraphs under conditions

Hi all, I want to extract some paragraphs out of a file under certain conditions. - The paragraph must start with 'fmri' - The paragraph must contain the string 'restarter svc:/system/svc/restarter:default' My input is like that : fmri svc:/system/vxpbx:default state_time Wed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Armoric
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write bash script that will automatically extract zip file

i'm trying to write a bash script that that will automatically extract zip files after the download. i writed this script #!/bin/bash wget -c https://github.com/RonGokhle/kernel-downloader/zipball/master CURRENDIR=/home/kernel-downloader cd $CURRENDIR rm $CURRENDIR/zipfiles 2>/dev/null ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron gokhle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Uniq prefix from a start and end prefix

Dear All, assume i have a file with content: <Start>6000</Start> <Stop>7599</Stop> the output is: 6000 7000 7100 7200 7300 7400 7599 how should we use any awk, sed, perl can do this task, means to extract the uniq prefixes from the start and stop prefix. Thanks Jimmy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract paragraphs and count them

Hi, I have a text with a number of paragraphs in them. My problem is I need to locate certain errors/warning and extract/count them. Problem is I do not know how many paras are there with that particular type of error/warning. I had thought that somehow if I could count the number of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to extract file prefix and from input to use in output

In the bash below which does execute I am trying to extract the contents of ${id} is 1234, as ${id} stores the variable that changes each time. After the path is removed the contents of ${id} are stored in pref, so they can be used in the output. Currently I am not able to extract the 1234 in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to add unique prefix to extracted zip folder

In the bash below in each .zip there is a folder to be extracted Variants that I am trying to make unique by adding the prefix, before the _ from the .zip. The script does execute, but the prefix is not added to the extracted folder. Rather the Variants folder is added to each file within it. Thank... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to update file on prefix match in two directories

I am trying to use bash to loop through a directory /path/to/data using a prefix match from /path/to/file. That match is obtained and works using the code below (in green)... what I can not seem to do is populate or update the corresponding prefix_file.txt in /path/to/data with the values in each... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
pnmmontage(1)						      General Commands Manual						     pnmmontage(1)

NAME
pnmmontage - create a montage of portable anymaps SYNOPSIS
pnmmontage [-?|-help] [-header=headerfile] [-quality=n] [-prefix=prefix] [-0|-1|-2|...|-9] pnmfile... DESCRIPTION
Packs images of differing sizes into a minimum-area composite image, optionally producing a C header file with the locations of the subim- ages within the composite image. OPTIONS
-?, -help Displays a (very) short usage message. -header Tells pnmmontage to write a C header file of the locations of the original images within the packed image. Each original image gen- erates four #defines within the packed file: xxxX, xxxY, xxxSZX, and xxxSZY, where xxx is the name of the file, converted to all uppercase. The #defines OVERALLX and OVERALLY are also produced, specifying the total size of the montage image. -prefix Tells pnmmontage to use the specified prefix on all of the #defines it generates. -quality Before attempting to place the subimages, pnmmontage will calculate a minimum possible area for the montage; this is either the total of the areas of all the subimages, or the width of the widest subimage times the height of the tallest subimage, whichever is greater. pnmmontage then initiates a problem-space search to find the best packing; if it finds a solution that is (at least) as good as the minimum area times the quality as a percent, it will break out of the search. Thus, -q 100 will find the best possible solution; however, it may take a very long time to do so. The default is -q 200. -0, -1, ... -9 These options control the quality at a higher level than -q; -0 is the worst quality (literally pick the first solution found), while -9 is the best quality (perform an exhaustive search of problem space for the absolute best packing). The higher the number, the slower the computation. The default is -5. NOTES
Using -9 is excessively slow on all but the smallest image sets. If the anymaps differ in maxvals, then pnmmontage will pick the smallest maxval which is evenly divisible by each of the maxvals of the original images. SEE ALSO
pnmcat(1), pnmindex(1), pnm(5), pam(5), pbm(5), pgm(5), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2000 by Ben Olmstead. 31 December 2000 pnmmontage(1)