Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting trobule with sed command. Plz help? Post 302165786 by strike-2 on Friday 8th of February 2008 11:41:44 PM
Old 02-09-2008
Your problem is actually rather simple:
Because you mention '/' right after the 's' command, sed assumes '/' is your delimiter.
Take a look at your like and see if you can spot the number of '/'s.
The simplest way around this is by using another (unused) character as delimiter.
Ex:
sed s#FCR.BASEIN_BACKUP=c:\\temp#FCR.BASEIN_BACKUP=/tmp#g /opt/test.properties > /opt/test.properties

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command - Urgent Plz.

Hi, In my current directory, i have the following files: x1.dat x2.dat.gz x3.dat I want to use the find command and display only files which has *.dat and NOT *.gz extension files. Please help me out. Thanks, Kris Kart. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kris_Kart_101
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

explain command plz

echo -n "1. Updating Password Policy in OID..." | tee -a $logfile set ldap_v1 = `ldapsearch -b "" -h $oid_host -p $oid_port -D "cn=orcladmin" -w $admin_pwd -s sub "cn=PwdPolicyEntry" dn | head -1` echo "dn:$ldap_v1" > ldap1.out echo "changetype:modify" >> ldap1.out echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maoro
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic unix command help plz

I was wondering what command lines i could use to do the following. 1. mail a file to a user with a subject line "HELLO". Also, send a Blind carbon copy to a different user? 2. Display the number of files AND directories in a given directory? 3. Display the last 5 files in a given... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tragic54
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help plz with sed

I am thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help understanding 'exec' command plz

plz someone explain me what does -exec ls -Fd do? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Thanks in advance !! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sears
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with SED command plz

I need two solutions 1) How can i swap the first and last character in each line of file temp 2) How can i display content of the file using sed command Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies
XMLSTARLET(1)							 xmlstarlet Manual						     XMLSTARLET(1)

NAME
xmlstarlet - command line XML/XSLT toolkit SYNOPSIS
xmlstarlet [<options>] [<command>] [<cmd-options>] INTRODUCTION
XMLStarlet is a set of command line utilities (tools) which can be used to transform, query, validate, and edit XML documents and files us- ing simple set of shell commands in similar way it is done for plain text files using UNIX grep, sed, awk, diff, patch, join, etc commands. This set of command line utilities can be used by those who deal with many XML documents on UNIX shell command prompt as well as for auto- mated XML processing with shell scripts. OPTIONS
--version Display the version of xmlstarlet. --help Display help. COMMANDS
Type: xml <command> --help <ENTER> for command help Available commands include: ed (or edit) Edit/update XML document(s). sel (or select) Select data or query XML document(s) (XPATH, etc). tr (or transform) Transform XML documents(s) using XSLT. val (or validate) Validate XML document(s) (well-formed/DTD/XSD/RelaxNG). fo (or format) Format XML document(s). el (or elements) Display element structure of XML document. c14n (or canonic) XML canonicalization. ls (or list) List directory as XML. esc (or escape) Escape special XML characters. unesc (or unescape) Unescape special XML characters. pyx (or xmln) Convert XML into PYX format (based on ESIS - ISO 8879). p2x (or depyx) Convert PYX into XML. REFERENCES
XMLStarlet is a command line toolkit to query/edit/check/transform XML documents (for more information see http://xmlstar.source- forge.net/). AUTHOR
Mikhail Grushinskiy. XMLSTARLET(1)