Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help: root partition crashed, fsck failed. Disk problem? Post 302165547 by stevie_velvet on Friday 8th of February 2008 06:38:59 AM
Old 02-08-2008
Code:
WARNING: Error writing ufs log state
WARNING: ufs log for / changed state to Error

Sounds terminal

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 04-10-2011 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: added code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root partition was full and problem start

We have SunOS 5.7 m/c. Following is the situation and problem what we are facing - - The root partition was full. - No login was possible on server (not from console also) - M/c was power swithced off - After this only console login is possible. FTP is possible. No telnet is possible. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul72
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

root partition full and problem start

We have SunOS 5.7 m/c. Following is the situation and problem what we are facing - - The root partition was full. - No login was possible on server (not from console also) - M/c was power swithced off - After this only console login is possible. FTP is possible. No telnet is possible. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul72
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem re-formatting Disk Partition

I have a disk formatted as follows. Part Flag Tag Cylinders Size =================================================== 0 wm root 0 - 38125 26.18 Gb 1 wu swap 38126 - 49776 8 Gb 2 wm backup 0 - 49779 34.18 Gb 3 wm unassigned 4 wm unassigned 5 wm unassigned 6 wm unassigned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

4. AIX

Replace a Failed Root Disk in AIX

My root disk is failed and how to replace the root disk in AIX. Can u give a detailed explanation in step wise. Pls give the answer taking different scenarios. Regards Praveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnu_mulakala
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space for root partition

Hello, I am trying to monitor disk space for each node on the machine. I am able to get all individual nodes but for the '/' node. For example: df -k: bash-2.05b# df -k Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/xxx 4127108 2415340 1502120 62% / /dev/yyy ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard-disk partition is Full problem?

HI, Currently I am working in One of the webhosting company and I found on one of my server "/home" partition is getting full say 105% usage... But when I actually check the partition size using "du -h", exact partition utilization is only 60-70%. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Disk crashed

My system is SUN Solaris 5.6 and one of the disks on the server got crashed. Here are the details d23: Mirror Submirror 0: d24 State: Okay Submirror 1: d25 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

vxvm root disk booting problem - solved with boot -a. How?

Hi All, We had a Sun Netra T1 go down the other day, the root disk was mirrored using vxvm. Upon boot from either disk, we had the following error appear: WARNING: Error writing ufs log state WARNING: ufs log for / changed state to Error WARNING: Please umount(1M) / and run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Not able to run fsck on root file system

I am trying to root disk mirroring on SunFire V210 Server. There are two disks on this server c1t0d0 and c1t1d0 . I completed all the steps and I updated the vfstab file too. After I have updated the vfstab file I run df -h command but could not see the changes i made in vfstab. Suddenly the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbi8321
1 Replies
volcopy_ufs(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   volcopy_ufs(1M)

NAME
volcopy_ufs - make an image copy of a ufs file system SYNOPSIS
volcopy [-F ufs] [generic_options] fsname srcdevice volname1 destdevice volname2 DESCRIPTION
volcopy makes a literal copy of the ufs file system using a blocksize matched to the device. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: generic_options options supported by the generic volcopy command. See volcopy(1M). OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: fsname represents the mount point (for example, root, u1, etc.) of the file system being copied. srcdevice or destdevice the disk partition specified using the raw device (for example, /dev/rdsk/cld0s8, /dev/rdsk/cld1s8, etc.). srcdevice and volname1 the device and physical volume from which the copy of the file system is being extracted. destdevice and volname2 the target device and physical volume. fsname and volname are limited to six or fewer characters and recorded in the superblock. volname may be `-' to use the existing volume name. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful file system copy. non-zero An error has occurred. FILES
/var/adm/filesave.log a record of file systems/volumes copied ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), dd(1M), labelit(1M), volcopy(1M), attributes(5), ufs(7FS) NOTES
volcopy does not support copying to tape devices. Use dd(1M) for copying to and from tape devices. SunOS 5.11 15 Apr 2003 volcopy_ufs(1M)