Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting variables usage without dereferencing Post 302164971 by ag79 on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 10:26:37 AM
Old 02-06-2008
btw i m using AIX with sh
a friend informs me that apparently the code

nn=15
if [ nn -eq 15 ]

evaluates to false on solaris 8/sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

2. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dereferencing (?) in Perl

Hi, i want to print the mail exchange servers for a domain using the code below, the problem is that i just get the memory locations (?) of the elements in the output, instead of the mx servers. I really tried to find a solution, but i guess that i just don't get it (objects, OOP etc).. :) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoh
2 Replies

4. Programming

Dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

// Hello all, I am having this error "Dereferencing pointer to incomplete type " on these 2 lines: xpoint = my_point->x; ypoint = my_point->y; I am having no clue y this is happening. Any help would be greately appreciated!!!! #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dereferencing in PERL

Hi, This should be a simple one. All I am doing is adding an email address to my email. Example abc@xyz.com I understand that the @ means arrays in PERL. So, I coded the backtick (`) to dereference it. But now I get abc`@`xyz.com Your help is appreciated. Thanks Nurani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
2 Replies

6. Programming

Dereferencing pointer to a shared memory struct

I have what should be a relatively simple program (fadec.c) that maps a struct from an included header file (fadec.h) to a shared memory region, but I’m struggling accessing members in the struct from the pointer returned by shmat. Ultimately, I want to access members in the shared memory structure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arette
2 Replies

7. Programming

Compilation Error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I am getting a dereferencing pointer to incomplete type error when i compile the following code on lines highlighted in red. Can anyone help me in identifying what is wrong in the code? #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> typedef struct{ int info; struct node* link ; } node; void... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: dereferencing a hash of hashes

Hi there, I am trying to dereference my hash of hashes but post dereferencing, it seems to lose its structure I am using Data::dumper to help me anaylise. This is the code im using to build the HoH, (data comes from a file). I have also performed a Dumper on the data structure before and after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rethink
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dereferencing variable in loop

Hi , I have below code While running above code i am receiving error : bad substitution I need to use the variable s RC_1, RC_2 and their value outside of the loop. Can anybody help me on that (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dereferencing variable inside egrep call

Hi guys I am trying to dereference a variable inside 'egrep -v ' command and getting a 'egrep: syntax error' : $ echo $exclude_list ts584d hf584db for i in `echo $exclude_list`; do egrep -v ${i} my_file done egrep: syntax error egrep: syntax error The syntax of the loop is correct.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)