Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming socket close() -w- pthreads linux 2.6.18.2-34 (suse) SMP Post 302164955 by ramen_noodle on Wednesday 6th of February 2008 09:22:18 AM
Old 02-06-2008
Never mind. Logic error. Was inadvertently reusing a thread.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Prog to close a socket in established state

I have a SUN environment running an WebLogic that communicates w/a 3rd party running IIS. When the IIS site goes down (frequently), I am stuck with sockets in an ESTABLISHED state, and cannot seem to figure out how to avoid this. No exceptions are thrown as I can still open connections to the IIS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teledelux
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SMP support in Linux 7.3

What is the SMP support like when you are running Linux 7.3 on a system with 2-4 CPUs? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngryRabbi
3 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Dual Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz - Linux 2.4.26 SMP

System: CPU/Speed: Dual Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz Ram: 2 GB DDR 266 SDRAM Motherboard: SuperMicro X5DE8-GG Bus: 533MHz/400MHz system bus - Cache: 512KB HD Controller: EIDE Serverworks™ GC-SL Chipset Extra GCC compiler flags: -s... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

socket close hangs and CPU go to 100%

Hello, I'm currently having a problem with HPUX. The application is a C app. It's a socket server. It runs mostly fine, but under some circumstances (I can not replicate it), the app hangs and the CPU goes to 100%. I have use gdb to attach to the app, and it was doing a close(). the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arico
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Close Socket at HP-UX

Hi all, I have a HP-UX 11.23 that have a Server establishing connections on port 8888 . The problem is that when i need to stop and restart the Server, the connections mantain the same state and i need to wait about 20-30 minutes before all connections finishes. The connections remain at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renato Gregio
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

any way to close socket

I have written a socker program. I have executed that program many times without closing the socket. So I want to find which all sockets binded with which file descriptor. Is there any way to close those socket, which have been opened in that program's execution. please help me!.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa.chidhambaram
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Is it necessary to close socket after a unstop loop?

Is the last two line necessary? #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <unistd.h> int main(void) { struct sockaddr_in stSockAddr; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
0 Replies
ELVTUNE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							ELVTUNE(8)

NAME
elvtune - I/O elevator tuner SYNOPSIS
elvtune [-r r_lat] [-w w_lat] [-b b_max] device... elvtune -h elvtune -v DESCRIPTION
elvtune allows to tune the I/O elevator per blockdevice queue basis. The tuning can be safely done at runtime. Tuning the elevator means being able to change disk performance and interactiveness. In the output of elvtune the address of the queue tuned will be shown and it can be considered as a queue ID. For example multiple partitions in the same harddisk will share the same queue and so tuning one partition will be like tuning the whole HD. OPTIONS
-r r_lat set the max latency that the I/O scheduler will provide on each read. -w w_lat set the max latency that the I/O scheduler will provide on each write. -b b_max max coalescing factor allowed on writes when there are reads pending in the queue. -h help. -v version. NOTE
Actually the only fields tunable are those relative to the IO scheduler. It's not possible to select a one-way or two-way elevator yet. For logical blockdevices like LVM the tuning has to be done on the physical devices. Tuning the queue of the LVM logical device is useless. RETURN VALUE
0 on success and 1 on failure. HISTORY
Ioctls for tuning elevator behaviour were added in Linux 2.3.99-pre1. AUTHORS
Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@suse.de> SuSE AVAILABILITY
The elvtune command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Version 1.0 14 March 2000 ELVTUNE(8)