Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep ^M in file using perl script.... Post 302164658 by KevinADC on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 12:50:25 PM
Old 02-05-2008
this does not work to see if ^M is in the lines on Windows?

Code:
while (<>) {
   print "Line number $. has ^M in it\n" if ($_ =~ /\cM/);
}

If not, maybe there is no ^M in the lines.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing grep inside perl file

Hi have one Perl file inside that i am defining at an array file. @temp_vmdk_files = `grep vmdk '$guest_vmx'` where my $guest_vmx=/vmfs/volumes/47e40fec-9c8bb7f7-d076-001422159f8a/BES Exchange/BES-Exchange.vmx and i am just want to do grep of "vmdk" files from the above path but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bp_vardhaman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] PERL Script - grep multiple lines

Hi Gurus, I need some help with the "grep" command or whatever command that you think suitable for me. I'm about to write a perl script to extract a report from the system and submit it to the end users. The input for the script will consist of 3 element. 1) Generation ID 2) Month 3) Year... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: miskin
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to grep 2 words from Perl Script results in Terminal....

Hey guys. I have a .pl script that scans my hosts to see if they are down or up. I can run it anytime I want. The script uses a conf file that contains text lines of the IP addresses of the servers. I run the script from the command line of my terminal (MAC OS) I run: sudo ./scanner.pl brings... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern grep using Perl in .TSV file

Hi All, I have a .TSV extension file having ~1 Gig data and I need to grep a pattern in that file using perl. I am not able to read the file using perl any suggestions on this/ If I Change the format my data gets mismangled so I am bothered about using specific format as well. #!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmsenthil
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Grep open file more then once.

Hi, I am using File::Find to go through a very large tree. I am looking for all xml files and open only those that contain a tag <Updated>. I then want to capture the contents of two tags <Old> and <New>. My problem is, after I open the file and do the first grep for <Updated> (which does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: OldGaf
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] perl and grep: get a script to look at more then one file

hi guys i have this very messy script, that looks in /var/log/messages.all for an error and reports if it finds the key works how can i get it to look at more then one file, i.e /var/log/message.all * so it looks in old logs as well thanks exit 0 if (isRenderNode(hostname)); my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

7. Programming

Unix grep in perl script

Hello, Fairly simple really I have an xml file and I want to check to see if it contains a pattern. The pattern is "../" On the command line I can type: grep "\.\./" myFile.xml and I get desired result. To do the same thing in a perl script I thought it was as simple as putting the ``... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaymoney
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script using grep and regex

Hi, I have file stored in a directory containing information about subnet mask and next hop address in the following format 10.1.1.0/16, 255.255.0.0, 10.1.1.1 10.1.2.0/16, 255.255.0.0,10.1.2.1 here 10.1.1.0/16 represent range of ip address 10.1.1.1-10.1.1.16 given say an IP address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: termeric
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script similiar to grep -r 'word' /path/to/dir"

Hi , i am looking for a perl script to grep for a string in all files inside a directory . bash command . grep -r 'word' /path/to/dir Thanks, Nvil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nevil
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the exact process in perl script

I am working on one script where I need to grep the exact process in perl script. for e.g. when I run simple grep command on the linux machine it gives me two process mGateway_mvc_q01 and mGateway_mvc_q01_v7 which is not the correct result.I tried to use ( ps -eAf | grep ^mGateway_mvc_q01$) but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)