Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File conversion from Unix to ANSI Post 302164569 by vbe on Tuesday 5th of February 2008 09:06:16 AM
Old 02-05-2008
Forgot...
Do a man of:
locale(1), localedef(1M), setlocale(3C), environ(5).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Time conversion in Unix

Hi, Is there any way to get current time for a particular country using any unix command ? I mean, If i want to find out current time in US or UK or anything .... Any command or library routine available for that? How it can be done in C on Unix? Can anybody help me? Thanks --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamlakar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix to EBCDIC conversion

Hi, I am using HPUX 11. There is a command to convert Unix formatted data to Dos formatted data called 'ux2dos'. Is there a similar command to convert Unix formatted data to EBCDIC format? Many thanks Helen :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ANSI C compiler on UNIX

Hi, I run into an error message like this (Bundled]) cc: "flat.c", line 350: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.' Also when trying to compile with -Aa or -Ae options I get (Bundled) cc:warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored. Is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elenav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos to Unix conversion

Hi ! I need to convert a DOS batch file to Unix Shell script. Can anybody help me by providing equivalent Unix shell script code to this DOS batch code?. for /F "tokens=2,3,4 delims=/- " %%i in ("%date%") do set DateStamp=%%k%%i%%j Any help would be great. Thanks, John. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john413
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file from Unix - ANSI to PC - ANSI

Hi, I am creating a file in Unix using a shell script. The file is getting created in the Unix - ANSI format. My requirement is to convert it to the PC - ANSI format. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Sunil (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ANSI C, char to hex conversion

Hi, I have a char buf,ch; and the buf is filled with the result from MySQL server which I get like this numbytes = recv(sock, buf, 1024, 0));I have the followingcode to display the results printf("received %ld bytes:\n",numbytes); for(c=0;c<numbytes;c++){ ch = (char)buf; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikims
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux to ansi pc conversion

Hi All, I checked the old posts here. But could not find a solution for my question. I have a file created by one application in HP-UX. My client wants it to be converted into ANSI PC version. I have heard about unixtodos and have worked with it also. But I am totally unaware of of this ANSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
0 Replies

8. Programming

why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C

I follow the description of wiki (Lamport's bakery algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), then implement that algorithm in C, but it doesn't work, Starving is still here, is the implementation worry? Only print out: Thread ID: 0 START! Thread ID: 0 END! Thread ID: 0 START!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Query related to conversion of segy file and .su files using Seismic Unix

hi M using ubuntu 11.04....and has installed Seismic Unix on it.... I want to process some unprocessed segy data using Seismic Unix.... i have converted .segy file to .su using segyread tape=file1.seg verbose=1 endian=0 | segyclean > smallfile.su and got 3 files -smallfile.su... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankita Singla
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File conversion from Binary to ASCII though UNIX command

Hi All , I have a mainframe file which contains the data in EBCDIC format.I have downloaded this file from mainframe to windows in binary format(unreadable raw data).Now I want convert this file to ASCII format(readable format data) through Unix command.I have tried iconv but that is not working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
2 Replies
LOCALECONV(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     LOCALECONV(3)

NAME
localeconv - get numeric formatting information SYNOPSIS
#include <locale.h> struct lconv *localeconv(void); DESCRIPTION
The localeconv() function returns a pointer to a struct lconv for the current locale. This structure is shown in locale(7), and contains all values associated with the locale categories LC_NUMERIC and LC_MONETARY. Programs may also use the functions printf(3) and strfmon(3), which behave according to the actual locale in use. CONFORMING TO
C89, C99. BUGS
The printf(3) family of functions may or may not honor the current locale. SEE ALSO
locale(1), localedef(1), isalpha(3), nl_langinfo(3), setlocale(3), strcoll(3), strftime(3), locale(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
1993-04-25 LOCALECONV(3)