Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CHOWN Multiple Files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CHOWN Multiple Files Post 302164378 by mattydee on Monday 4th of February 2008 05:39:44 PM
Old 02-04-2008
Worked perfectly for me. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

chown files/directories for multiple computers

I have a flash drive this I store files on, but I need the whole drive to be password protected. I was thinking of making the drive root permissions, but I'm not sure if that will need the root password of the computer from which I transfered the files from or the root password of the computer I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Texasone
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, multiple files input and multiple files output

Hi! I'm new in awk and I need some help. I have a folder with a lot of files and I need that awk do something in each file and print a new file with the output. The input file name should be modified when I print the outpu files. Thanks in advance for help! :-) ciao (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column extraction from multiple files to multiple files

I have roughly ~30 .txt files in a directory which all have unique names. These files all contain text arranged in columns separated by whitespace (example file: [#YY MM DD hh mm WDIR WSPD GST WVHT DPD APD MWD PRES ATMP WTMP DEWP VIS TIDE #yr mo dy hr mn degT m/s m/s m sec ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aozgaa
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Find and Chown all files in a DIR except for Root

RHEL 6.3 Could someone tell me how to use the find and chown command to replace all files in a directory owned by user1 (for this example) and replace with user1:group1? Most importantly I dont want to change any files owned by root. I recently used the following command but it changed the root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gps1976
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run one script on multiple files and print out multiple files.

How can I run the following command on multiple files and print out the corresponding multiple files. perl script.pl genome.gff 1.txt > 1.gff However, there are multiples files of 1.txt, from 1----100.txt Thank you so much. No duplicate posting! Continue here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grace_shen
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run one script on multiple files and print out multiple files.

How can I Run one script on multiple files and print out multiple files. FOR EXAMPLE i want to run script.pl on 100 files named 1.txt ....100.txt under same directory and print out corresponding file 1.gff ....100.gff.THANKS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grace_shen
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep strings on multiple files and output to multiple files

Hi All, I want to use egrep on multiple files and the results should be output to multiple files. I am using the below code in my shell script(working in Ksh shell). However with this code I am not attaining the desired results. #!/bin/ksh ( a="/path/file1" b="path/file2" for file in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: am24
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage returns from multiple lines in multiple files of different number of columns

Hello Gurus, I have a multiple pipe separated files which have records going over multiple Lines. End of line separator is \n and records going over multiple lines have <CR> as separator. below is example from one file. 1|ABC DEF|100|10 2|PQ RS T|200|20 3| UVWXYZ|300|30 4| GHIJKL|400|40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Apache chown on its files not working

Hello, My apache user generate one file : # ls -lsa /tmp/reference_file.csv 76 -rwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 69921 Aug 16 14:14 tmp/reference_file.csv the user and the group belong to apache, but when i am trying to change it : su -l apache -s /bin/bash -bash-3.00$ whoami apache... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cterra
7 Replies
FANN_SET_CALLBACK(3)							 1						      FANN_SET_CALLBACK(3)

fann_set_callback - Sets the callback function for use during training

SYNOPSIS
bool fann_set_callback (resource $ann, collable $callback) DESCRIPTION
Sets the callback function for use during training. It means that it is called from fann_train_on_data(3) or fann_train_on_file(3). PARAMETERS
o $ann -Neural network resource. o $callback - The supplied callback function takes following parameters: o ann - The neural network resource o train - The train data resource or NULL if called from fann_train_on_file(3) o max_epochs - The maximum number of epochs the training should continue o epochs_between_reports - The number of epochs between calling this function o desired_error - The desired fann_get_MSE(3) or fann_get_bit_fail(3), depending on the stop function chosen by fann_set_train_stop_function(3) o epochs - The current epoch The callback should return TRUE. If it returns FALSE, the training will terminate. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success, or FALSE otherwise. SEE ALSO
fann_train_on_data(3), fann_train_on_file(3). PHP Documentation Group FANN_SET_CALLBACK(3)