Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with ls commad
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help with ls commad Post 302164233 by ammu on Monday 4th of February 2008 08:51:19 AM
Old 02-04-2008
I will make it clear

file.txt1
file.txt2
file.txt3(latest)

I want to display the latest file file.txt3 (file.txt* series).
I need the something like below

var1=`ls -ltr..............`
echo $var1

Thanks in advance
Ammu

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Commad to Delete Nested Directory

Can someone please tell me the command to delete a NESTED DIRECTORY. here is my email address: firewalls007@hotmail.com (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javed Akram
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script commad implementation - urgent help

I modified the .profile of a user id to start "script" when the user logs in. When the user logs out, I have added a trap command in the .profile file to capture the exit signal. And in that trap command, I have added the creation of a file called .logout. And in the .logout file, I have added... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in excluding a particular directory using Find commad

Hi, I have a directory structure as below /home/gad/Merl/a/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/b/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/c/a1.txt How can I find the file a1.txt but not from directory 'a' and it(the filw) should loaded 6 days ago.. Can any one pls help,quick reply much appriciated.. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

4. Programming

UNIX commad in COBOL

Hi guys, i used the call "sytem" using ... in a cobol program. At the moment i stoped at an empasse, how cam I retrive the execution's result of unix command? Explenation, I made an 'pwd' command, and I must to have the directory inside the program. How can have this result? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prosy60
2 Replies
MYSQLI_STMT.BIND_RESULT(3)						 1						MYSQLI_STMT.BIND_RESULT(3)

mysqli_stmt::bind_result - Binds variables to a prepared statement for result storage

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqli_stmt::bind_result (mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool mysqli_stmt_bind_result (mysqli_stmt $stmt, mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) Binds columns in the result set to variables. When mysqli_stmt_fetch(3) is called to fetch data, the MySQL client/server protocol places the data for the bound columns into the speci- fied variables $var1, .... Note Note that all columns must be bound after mysqli_stmt_execute(3) and prior to calling mysqli_stmt_fetch(3). Depending on column types bound variables can silently change to the corresponding PHP type. A column can be bound or rebound at any time, even after a result set has been partially retrieved. The new binding takes effect the next time mysqli_stmt_fetch(3) is called. PARAMETERS
o $ stmt -Procedural style only: A statement identifier returned by mysqli_stmt_init(3). o $var1 - The variable to be bound. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = $mysqli->prepare("SELECT Code, Name FROM Country ORDER BY Name LIMIT 5")) { $stmt->execute(); /* bind variables to prepared statement */ $stmt->bind_result($col1, $col2); /* fetch values */ while ($stmt->fetch()) { printf("%s %s ", $col1, $col2); } /* close statement */ $stmt->close(); } /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (!$link) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = mysqli_prepare($link, "SELECT Code, Name FROM Country ORDER BY Name LIMIT 5")) { mysqli_stmt_execute($stmt); /* bind variables to prepared statement */ mysqli_stmt_bind_result($stmt, $col1, $col2); /* fetch values */ while (mysqli_stmt_fetch($stmt)) { printf("%s %s ", $col1, $col2); } /* close statement */ mysqli_stmt_close($stmt); } /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: AFG Afghanistan ALB Albania DZA Algeria ASM American Samoa AND Andorra SEE ALSO
mysqli_stmt_get_result(3), mysqli_stmt_bind_param(3), mysqli_stmt_execute(3), mysqli_stmt_fetch(3), mysqli_prepare(3), mysqli_stmt_pre- pare(3), mysqli_stmt_init(3), mysqli_stmt_errno(3), mysqli_stmt_error(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_STMT.BIND_RESULT(3)