Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to mirror raid5
Operating Systems AIX how to mirror raid5 Post 302163861 by itik on Saturday 2nd of February 2008 09:50:33 PM
Old 02-02-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver

thanks a lot!

more power!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Raid5 Failure

Forgive me, I do not know much about RAID so I'm going to be as detailed as possible. This morning, our server's alarm was going. I found that one of our drives have failed. (we have 3) It is an Adaptec ATA RAID 2400A controller I'm purchasing a new SCSI drive today. My questions: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
2 Replies

2. Solaris

RAID5 problems on solaris

I have one volume raid5 with 3 slice one of them is maintenance state. I replace this slice and resync the volume. when I try to mount the file system another slice goes to last erred. Again resync and the state goes to OK but the slice in mantenance persist. I try to enabled this but persist in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usdsia
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem booting a linux (RAID5)

Hello, we have a problem with our system, a machine with a RAID5: - We can boot the system from CD only, if we try to boot from hard-disk the GRUB seems to be "freezed". What is the difference, why we can boot from CD if something is wrong? - Allways we retreive an error like: "raid array is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
6 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

5. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RAID5 multi disk failure

Hi there, Don't know if my title is relevant but I'm dealing with dangerous materials that I don't really know and I'm very afraid to mess anything up. I have a Debian 5.0.4 server with 4 x 1TB hard drives. I have the following mdstat Personalities : md1 : active raid1 sda1 sdd1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

7. SuSE

Raid5

Hi all, I am currently using opensuse 12.1, We have Raid 5 array of 8 disks. A friend of mine accidently removed a drive & place it back and also added a new disk to it(making it 9 disks). now the output of mdadm --detail is as shown below si64:/dev # mdadm --detail /dev/md3 /dev/md3:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patilrajashekar
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

9. Hardware

RAID5 + STRIPED LUNs

Hello Experts, I have few doubts on RAID 5 with LUNs carved as STRIPE and CONCAT RAID 5 = STRIPE + Parity mirroring I would like to know if the LUNs carved are CONCATE from RAID 5 disk array. Are the I/Os are spread accross the disks within the RAID 5 Array? And if I do carve STRIPED... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sybadm
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Install RHEL6 on x3650M4 with RAID5

Hi All, I have a new x3650 M4 server with hardware RAID 5 configured 4 x 300 GB (HDD). The Raid controller is ServeRAID M5110e. Im getting "device not found" error during hardisk detection of RHEL6 install using DVD. Some pages over the net pointed to using ServerGuide media for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Solaris_Begin
1 Replies
LVS(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    LVS(8)

NAME
       lvs - report information about logical volumes

SYNOPSIS
       lvs  [-a|--all] [--aligned] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--nameprefixes] [--noheadings] [--nosuffix] [-o|--options
       [+]Field[,Field]] [-O|--sort [+|-]Key1[,[+|-]Key2[,...]]]  [-P|--partial]  [--rows]  [--segments]  [--separator	Separator]  [--unbuffered]
       [--units hHbBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [--unquoted] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [VolumeGroupName [VolumeGroupName...]]

DESCRIPTION
       lvs produces formatted output about logical volumes.

OPTIONS
       See lvm(8) for common options.

--all  Include information in the output about internal Logical Volumes that are components of normally-accessible Logical Volumes, such as
	      mirrors, but which are not independently accessible (e.g. not mountable).  The names of such Logical  Volumes  are  enclosed  within
	      square  brackets in the output.  For example, after creating a mirror using 'lvcreate -m1 --mirrorlog disk', this option will reveal
	      three internal Logical Volumes, with suffixes mimage_0, mimage_1, and mlog.

--aligned
	      Use with --separator to align the output columns.

--nameprefixes
	      Add an "LVM2_" prefix plus the field name to the output.	Useful with --noheadings to produce a list of field=value pairs  that  can
	      be used to set environment variables (for example, in udev(7) rules).

--noheadings
	      Suppress the headings line that is normally the first line of output.  Useful if grepping the output.

--nosuffix
	      Suppress the suffix on output sizes.  Use with --units (except h and H) if processing the output.

-o, --options
	      Comma-separated ordered list of columns.	Precede the list with '+' to append to the default selection of columns instead of replac-
	      ing it.

Use -o lv_all to select all logical volume columns, and -o seg_all to select all logical volume segment columns.

Use -o help to view the full list of columns available.

Column names include: lv_uuid, lv_name, lv_path,	lv_attr,  lv_major,  lv_minor,	lv_read_ahead,	lv_kernel_major,  lv_kernel_minor,
	      lv_kernel_read_ahead, lv_size, seg_count, origin, origin_size, snap_percent, copy_percent, move_pv, convert_lv, lv_tags, mirror_log,
	      thin_pool, modules, segtype, stripes, stripesize, regionsize, chunksize, seg_start, seg_start_pe, seg_size, seg_tags, seg_pe_ranges,
	      devices.

With  --segments, any "seg_" prefixes are optional; otherwise any "lv_" prefixes are optional.  Columns mentioned in vgs(8) can also
	      be chosen.

The lv_attr bits are:

1  Volume type: (m)irrored, (M)irrored without initial sync, (o)rigin, (O)rigin with merging snapshot, (r)aid, (R)aid  without  ini-
		 tial  sync, (s)napshot, merging (S)napshot, (p)vmove, (v)irtual, mirror or raid (i)mage, mirror or raid (I)mage out-of-sync, mir-
		 ror (l)og device, under (c)onversion, thin (V)olume, (t)hin pool, (T)hin pool data, raid or thin pool m(e)tadata

2  Permissions: (w)riteable, (r)ead-only, (R)ead-only activation of non-read-only volume

3  Allocation policy: (c)ontiguous, c(l)ing, (n)ormal, (a)nywhere, (i)nherited This is capitalised if the volume is currently locked
		 against allocation changes, for example during pvmove(8).

4  fixed (m)inor

5  State:  (a)ctive,  (s)uspended,  (I)nvalid  snapshot,	invalid  (S)uspended snapshot, snapshot (m)erge failed, suspended snapshot
		 (M)erge failed, mapped (d)evice present without tables, mapped device present with (i)nactive table

6  device (o)pen

7  Target type: (m)irror, (r)aid, (s)napshot, (t)hin, (u)nknown, (v)irtual.  This groups logical volumes related to the same  kernel
		 target  together.  So, for example, mirror images, mirror logs as well as mirrors themselves appear as (m) if they use the origi-
		 nal device-mapper mirror kernel driver; whereas the raid equivalents using the md raid kernel driver all appear  as  (r).   Snap-
		 shots	using  the  original device-mapper driver appear as (s); whereas snapshots of thin volumes using the new thin provisioning
		 driver appear as (t).

8  Newly-allocated data blocks are overwritten with blocks of (z)eroes before use.

--segments
	      Use default columns that emphasize segment information.

-O, --sort
	      Comma-separated ordered list of columns to sort by.  Replaces the default selection. Precede any column with - for a reverse sort on
	      that column.

--rows Output columns as rows.

--separator Separator
	      String to use to separate each column.  Useful if grepping the output.

--unbuffered
	      Produce output immediately without sorting or aligning the columns properly.

--units hHbBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE
	      All  sizes  are  output  in  these  units: (h)uman-readable, (b)ytes, (s)ectors, (k)ilobytes, (m)egabytes, (g)igabytes, (t)erabytes,
	      (p)etabytes, (e)xabytes.	Capitalise to use multiples of 1000 (S.I.) instead of 1024.  Can also specify custom units e.g. --units 3M

--unquoted
	      When used with --nameprefixes, output values in the field=value pairs are not quoted.

SEE ALSO
       lvm(8), lvdisplay(8), pvs(8), vgs(8)

Sistina Software UK					 LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06)						    LVS(8)